Liquid Foot drivers Windows 10 won't install

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
Have any of you had any luck getting the liquid foot editor to work on a windows 10 machine? My windows 7 laptop that I used to update my jr+ died on me and for the life of me I can't get my new laptop to play nicely with the editor. According to the liquid foot forum, editor 6.22 should have the drivers already attached and do away with the problem...sadly not for me. Manually placing the drivers folder (drivers for 7+ from download section) into the FAMC folder prior to running the setup wizard didn't solve the issue either. When I look in the driver folder, I have no idea which of those items to grab and try to manually install.
I have a gig next Friday and for some reason my jr+ decided to change it's programing between my house and the jam room...worked great at my house for over an hour. At the jam room the colors were gone, the expression pedals no longer responded, the switches didn't work as programmed (set lists were correct though).
Any ideas???
Thanks as always guys!

I am running 6.22 on Windows 10 without any issues. Have you tried a different usb cable or port?

Thanks for the idea. Yep, I've tried the usual suspects, different cables, ports. Wiped the editor and folders off my machine and downloaded new copies several times, etc. The issue with the editor is that the wizard keeps claiming that it can't find the drivers...here's a pic of the error.

Attachments

• can't find drivers.jpg
    can't find drivers.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 12
Are you running antivirus software. It could potentially delete a file from the installer. Also, there are different downloads for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit. Do you have the right one?

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I was finally able to manually load the drivers and all is good now. In case this happens to anyone else, here's how I did it. I apologize for not using the exact terms, but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.
If the LF editor install wizard isn't able to properly load the drivers on your computer:
1. Connect your LF pedal to the computer (the LF device won't show up in the device manager otherwise)
2. Go to the device manager and look for the Liquid Foot connection
3. Open it up and click on update drivers
4. Select search my computer for drivers (windows update will never find it)
5. Select the entire drivers folder in the FAMC folder in your C drive (or where you told the wizard to download if you changed it).
6. Click OK and it should do the work for you.
7. It might NOT work the first time, try it again. Try unplugging the pedal and reconnecting it. It took 2 times for my laptop to properly install the drivers.
8. Be happy, you can once again update your LF pedal :)

As you can see I'm relatively computer illiterate and the sparse directions on FAMC website didn't make sense until I spent WAY too much time thinking about it and trying to work my way through the issue.

Glad you figured it out!

Make sure before installing anything on Windows 10, you right click on the file and select properties and in the lower right put a check mark in the box that says "Unblock" and then click ok. If "Unblock isn't there, click cancel.

The next most important thing you need to do when installing anything on Windows 10, is to right click on the file and select "Run as administrator" because UAC (User Account Control) is always enabled on Windows 10 even if you set it to the lowest setting "Never notify". In Windows 7 the lowest UAC setting "Never notify", fully disabled UAC.

Here's some install and uninstall info from my LF+ Tutorial:
+ How To Install LF+ Editor On Windows 7, 8.1 and 10:
++ http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...stall_LF.2B_Editor_On_Windows_7.2C_8.1_and_10

+ How To Remove Previous Drivers On Windows 7, 8.1 and 10:
++ http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...e_Previous_Drivers_On_Windows_7.2C_8.1_and_10

+ How To Remove Programs That Won't Uninstall From Programs and Features On Windows 7, 8.1 and 10:
++ http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...grams_and_Features_On_Windows_7.2C_8.1_and_10

Last Monday I got a RJM Mastermind GT22. It was so much easier to setup and program but I still have to figure out how to do advanced programming like I have on my LF+.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I was finally able to manually load the drivers and all is good now. In case this happens to anyone else, here's how I did it. I apologize for not using the exact terms, but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.
If the LF editor install wizard isn't able to properly load the drivers on your computer:
1. Connect your LF pedal to the computer (the LF device won't show up in the device manager otherwise)
2. Go to the device manager and look for the Liquid Foot connection
3. Open it up and click on update drivers
4. Select search my computer for drivers (windows update will never find it)
5. Select the entire drivers folder in the FAMC folder in your C drive (or where you told the wizard to download if you changed it).
6. Click OK and it should do the work for you.
7. It might NOT work the first time, try it again. Try unplugging the pedal and reconnecting it. It took 2 times for my laptop to properly install the drivers.
8. Be happy, you can once again update your LF pedal :)

As you can see I'm relatively computer illiterate and the sparse directions on FAMC website didn't make sense until I spent WAY too much time thinking about it and trying to work my way through the issue.
A year ago I remember doing this and it working perfectly.
Alas, it will not work on Windows 11 ARM Insider Preview.
Can anybody confirm it still works on regular Windows 10 (Intel)? EDIT: Yes, it does...
Anybody got any ideas on how to circumvent this issue (other than having a dedicated 2nd computer to handle it?

Last edited:
A year ago I remember doing this and it working perfectly.
Alas, it will not work on Windows 11 ARM Insider Preview.
Can anybody confirm it still works on regular Windows 10 (Intel)? EDIT: Yes, it does...
Anybody got any ideas on how to circumvent this issue (other than having a dedicated 2nd computer to handle it?
For Windows 11, you will probably have to follow the steps below or something similar. I can't test Windows 11 because I don't have a TPM chip in any of my PC's. If the steps below work, please reply, so I can update my Tutorial.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+#Windows_8.1_and_10

The info below is for older versions of the LF+ Editor drivers before v5
The LF+ Editor (LFE) installs unsigned drivers which won't always install correctly on 64bit OS's like Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. The LFE won't be able to connect to the LFC if the drivers aren't installed. When I install the LFE on Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit it doesn't give me an error or any notification that the drivers weren't installed.

Windows 8.1 and 10
How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)
https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/ho...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

For Windows 11, you will probably have to follow the steps below or something similar. I can't test Windows 11 because I don't have a TPM chip in any of my PC's. If the steps below work, please reply, so I can update my Tutorial.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+#Windows_8.1_and_10

The info below is for older versions of the LF+ Editor drivers before v5
The LF+ Editor (LFE) installs unsigned drivers which won't always install correctly on 64bit OS's like Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. The LFE won't be able to connect to the LFC if the drivers aren't installed. When I install the LFE on Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit it doesn't give me an error or any notification that the drivers weren't installed.

Windows 8.1 and 10
How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)
https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/ho...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
Thanks, tried all that. Unfortunately no cigar. Install still fails.
The device isn't showing up correctly anyway...see below. It should appear under USB Controllers as it did previously but it doesn't and it won't even accept a driver manually.

Screenshot 2021-08-25 020037.png

Thanks, tried all that. Unfortunately no cigar. Install still fails.
The device isn't showing up correctly anyway...see below. It should appear under USB Controllers as it did previously but it doesn't and it won't even accept a driver manually.

View attachment 87541

I've seen it show up under 'Other Devices' before in Windows 10 and usually have to manually point it to the driver or disable driver signature before pointing it to it.

Sure, but I've disabled driver signature via cmd prompt, gone into test mode and nothing is any different. And it will not accept being pointed to the driver folder. I guess those drivers don't work on WIN 11.

Last Monday I got a RJM Mastermind GT22. It was so much easier to setup and program but I still have to figure out how to do advanced programming like I have on my LF+.
Off-topic for this thread, but how comparable are these two?

The Mux2 trouble I've been having with LF+ is making things difficult for me, and I'm starting to think about throwing in the towel on FAMC. Have you found anything yet that the LF will do that the RJM won't? How about real-time Scene and Preset names?

Off-topic for this thread, but how comparable are these two?

The Mux2 trouble I've been having with LF+ is making things difficult for me, and I'm starting to think about throwing in the towel on FAMC. Have you found anything yet that the LF will do that the RJM won't? How about real-time Scene and Preset names?

Are you the person I replied to on the LF+ Facebook group about MUX2 not syncing? Were you able to create a regular non-syncing IA-Slot? Seems like a huge waste of $ to buy a MMGT for one IA-Slot to sync when you can just create an IA-Slot that won't sync to tell you if it's Bypassed/On in the button LCD but if you step on it it will change the state from Bypass/On.

I don't like the form factor of the MMGT22 compared to my LF+ 12+ and PRO+ because I'm short and can't keep my balance while playing guitar/bass and step on the 3rd or 4th row of buttons w/o falling forward and afraid I'm going to crush one of the buttons or LCD's. The MMGT is a little easier to program and they have a real manual, forum and support that responds quickly. The MMGT can't do everything the LF+ can like use multiple LF+ controllers at once like one large controller and a couple advanced options I can't think of right now.

Sure, but I've disabled driver signature via cmd prompt, gone into test mode and nothing is any different. And it will not accept being pointed to the driver folder. I guess those drivers don't work on WIN 11.

I was able to find a PC with TPM and just installed Windows 11 version 21H2 OS Build 22000.160 and installed the LF+ Editor v6.31 x64 and it works and connects to my LF+ and is able to send and receive programming. I didn't have to disable driver signing verification.

I downloaded the file from: https://www.famcmusic.com/downloads and clicked on 'LF+ Editor Software (Windows 64 Bit) 6.31' and it downloaded 'SetupLF+Editor_64bit.exe'.

Once downloaded, I right clicked on the file 'SetupLF+Editor_64bit' > Properties > In the lower right, put a check in 'Unblock' > Click OK

Right click on the file 'SetupLF+Editor_64bit' > 'Run as administrator'

It installed but gave an error it couldn't install the driver.

I went into Device Manager by right clicking the Start menu > 'Device Manager'

In Device Manager under 'Other Devices' right click on 'Liquid Foot+ Series 'and select 'Update driver' > 'Browse my computer for drivers' > Browse to "C:\Program Files\FAMC" and select 'Include subfolders > Click next and it installed it under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' as 'FAMC LF Controller'.

I then had to go into Device Manager under 'Other Devices' right click on 'USB Serial Port' and select 'Update driver' > 'Browse my computer for drivers' > Browse to "C:\Program Files\FAMC" and select 'Include subfolders > Click next and it installed it under 'Ports (COM & LPT)' as 'FAMC LF+ Series'.

I nominate GotMetalBoy as the defacto owner of FAMC now. He's done more to support the LF line in the last few years than FAMC. :)

I contacted FAMC a few years ago and sent a couple messages back and forth with the owner Jeff and sent him a link to my tutorial and offered to help with support tickets but he stopped responding like usual. I even offered to help write the manual for the X-Series X-16 if he would provide me one to beta test. It's so sad to see so much potential go to waste. Jeff really is a technical genius but just doesn't have business skills. Before he disappeared again this last time, I had asked that he make his code open source, so if and when he disappears again for another extended period of time, at least we could try to fix things ourselves or find people that know programming that could help but any time I've mentioned his disappearances to him, he'd reply like it never happened and in denial.

This is the longest he's disappeared and I've reached out to some of his family members on social media because I was worried something bad happened to him with Covid or something but they've also stopped responding and never provided any info. Hopefully he's ok and healthy and returns some day and fixes the couple remaining bugs and releases a new driver for the Mac users. Until then, if anyone needs help, feel free to send me a message.

Here's the link to my Tutorial. It's a little outdated and mainly for the Axe-Fx II but there's also some info for the Axe-Fx III including a programming template I created to get people started that is similar to the Axe-Fx II template that the LF+ Editor included.

FAMC Liquid Foot+: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+

I was able to find a PC with TPM and just installed Windows 11 version 21H2 OS Build 22000.160 and installed the LF+ Editor v6.31 x64 and it works and connects to my LF+ and is able to send and receive programming. I didn't have to disable driver signing verification.

I downloaded the file from: https://www.famcmusic.com/downloads and clicked on 'LF+ Editor Software (Windows 64 Bit) 6.31' and it downloaded 'SetupLF+Editor_64bit.exe'.

Once downloaded, I right clicked on the file 'SetupLF+Editor_64bit' > Properties > In the lower right, put a check in 'Unblock' > Click OK

Right click on the file 'SetupLF+Editor_64bit' > 'Run as administrator'

It installed but gave an error it couldn't install the driver.

I went into Device Manager by right clicking the Start menu > 'Device Manager'

In Device Manager under 'Other Devices' right click on 'Liquid Foot+ Series 'and select 'Update driver' > 'Browse my computer for drivers' > Browse to "C:\Program Files\FAMC" and select 'Include subfolders > Click next and it installed it under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' as 'FAMC LF Controller'.

I then had to go into Device Manager under 'Other Devices' right click on 'USB Serial Port' and select 'Update driver' > 'Browse my computer for drivers' > Browse to "C:\Program Files\FAMC" and select 'Include subfolders > Click next and it installed it under 'Ports (COM & LPT)' as 'FAMC LF+ Series'.
TPM is now active...it previously wasn't.
The first issue here the downloaded .exe didn't have an "unblock" box in properties so I redownloaded and then it did have one. Unblocked it and proceeded as you suggested. But still having the same problem where under Device Manager I select "C:\Program Files\FAMC" to install drivers (with subfolders box checked) and I get the message seen below. I can see the .inf files it need in the Drivers folder!!! I do not understand why it will not install them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 8.02.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 8.02.15 AM.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just noticed you said you have Windows 11 "ARM" Insider Preview. What are you installing it onto? I'm not familiar with what "ARM" is. I installed Windows 11 version 21H2 OS Build 22000.160 Insider Preview onto a HP EliteBook 745 G3. I was going to try and take some screenshots or make a video but that PC is broken and over heats and freezes up all the time, so I only had a short time to use it because I didn't want it to damage my SSD drive in it.

It’s running on an M1 MacBook.
I could not get the USB driver or editor to work on the M1 under Big Sur…installing on Big Sur with an Intel chip is fine though.

Hence me trying to run the LF editor through a VM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom