AFIII Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit (Metal Cover)

RockyKramer

All guitars and bass recorded with my Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III. Fender for clean, ENGL for dirty and Ampeg for bass. Recorded and mixed in Logic Pro X.

Breaking The Habit features one of Chester Bennington's most powerful and emotional vocal performances, and is a song that I've loved since the first time I saw the anime music video as a teenager. The song also has many catchy melodies and riffs that can be interpreted and performed in various ways. My goal with this cover was to strip it down to Chester's voice, and rebuild it with a heavier sound, bringing in inspiration from several genres within metal and rock.

When we were mixing my debut album Firestorm at Sphere Studios, Linkin Park were on the other side of the hallway, recording their last album with Chester, which I thought was really cool at the time. It was immensely sad to read the news about his passing, less than a year later. This cover is my tribute to Chester Bennington. Rest in peace.

Breaking The Habit was written by Mike Shinoda and was first released on the album Meteora in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom