Linked amps and parameters on AX8

SEKKEN

Inspired
I recently found out that AFXII and III have this cool function that -if i understood it right- allows the user to "link" some presets so that any changes applied to the concerned block -say the amp block- in one preset will be reflected automatically in all the other linked presets containing that specific block. So if i run into a gig and i need to raise the gain of my amp, i can raise the gain in the current preset and see the change reflected in all the other presets sharing the same amp block. That would be great to have on the Ax8!

Am i missing something or this function is not available to us A8 users? does anyone know of any alternative options? or if this feature might be ported to the AX8 in near future?

The feature you're referring to is called "global blocks" and the AX-8 does not have it.

Don't expect it to be ported because it has been in the Axe FX II for a long time. If it could have fit in the AX-8 it would have been in there to begin with.

Good to know, but what a shame. I guess other users have asked Cliff to bring this to AX8 and if this has not been done so far i agree with you that this is not going to happen.

Still, this would be a very useful feature and i dont see why this could not be ported to AX8, is it something that the AX8 could not handle in terms of cpu and horsepower?

That sounds like another good reason for me to crave the AFXII or III.

The AX8 formfactor is a winner to me so i cannot change to an AFX now (and i cannot afford it, btw).

Has this been listed on the "wish" section?

Fracpad ?

Is Fracpad capable of something similar to Global Blocks in the AX8? Can you please elaborate further? i do use FracPad but didn't realize global blocks are available. I'd really appreciate further details on how to use this function in FracPad with Ax8. Thanks!

I'm going to have to fire up FracPad and check this out but I'd be astonished if it somehow supported global blocks because global blocks exist on the hardware (e.g. The AX-8). I'd love for this to be true.

Is Fracpad capable of something similar to Global Blocks in the AX8? Can you please elaborate further? i do use FracPad but didn't realize global blocks are available. I'd really appreciate further details on how to use this function in FracPad with Ax8. Thanks!
No global blocks, but a function called "batch setter" with these, for example, can change a value in the amp settings for all presets at once Please contact the developer Al Grenadine, he is active here in the forum and he can describe it better

No global blocks, but a function called "batch setter" with these, for example, can change a value in the amp settings for all presets at once Please contact the developer Al Grenadine, he is active here in the forum and he can describe it better
The Batch Setter function is also in Al's other app, Fractool. It's handy for sure.

I wonder what Cliff thinks when he see comments like "I don't see why..." Global blocks is the #1 thing I miss about my ii and XL but I never assumes to think this is so simple he should just added it. When the Ax8 first came out it it was talked about a lot and Cliff kept saying it could not be done. At one point I think he said it might be able to be done with maybe 1 amp (like 1 global block only for 1 amp model at a time) but that never happened. I needed it more for fx so 1 amp was not of any interest to me

Thank you for your inputs mates.

Let me tag @AlGrenadine for his comments. I know he's very active here and super responsive too so i hope he can clarify better the batch setter function in Fracpad. This might be a massive improvement for my needs.

Are you sure batch setter function is present in FracPad too? I only found references to a batch setter function in fractool...

I believe you can save blocks in the AX8 editor, but it's not really the same thing.

Shame; i'd love it too, speaking as a former AXII owner

Back
Top Bottom