Bug? Link group on MFC did not work correct with scenes

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Can anybody please check this out and confirm? Or confute? Or tell me, that under this circumstances we have to live with this issue?

bug%20with%20scenes%2BMFC%20link-group.JPG

"Preset saved as" means: The green/red lights shine correct when recall the preset - correspondending blocks are bypasses / unbypassed as the MFC shows ...

This happens also to my B Link group, linked to 3 IAs with Send link message OFF ... the green/red status is always corresponding correct to the actual bypass/unbypassed status, but by MFC configurated definition it should always be only ONE off the linked IAs be green/on ... so, the OFF message for IA1 is not sent in Scene2, if it is actual be sent out before in scene1, when engaging IA2 (-> Off message for IA1 works automatically as assumed, but not in, if i repeat it after scene changing).

Seems to me, as if the "OFF" message is sent on preset-level, not on scene-level.... ?! But when switching all linked IAs off, than it will work correct again within the scene ... curious...

Regards
Markus

Last edited:
Yeah, I've run into this too. I (mistakenly) made 2 bug posts about it because it's been around for so long. But it doesn't seem like many people are running into this bug for whatever reason. Would love to see it fixed.

Sorry I did not notice this when we updated 2.17 to 2.18
I have added it to the official review/fix list.

Sorry I did not notice this when we updated 2.17 to 2.18
I have added it to the official review/fix list.

...ehhh ... just ... asking ... can or could the described problem be solved with a coming FW release? ... and if so ... any timeline? Don`t want push to hard, but really ... i like to see this issue to be fixed, because in my practice and my preset-layout i have to handle this issue by little tap-dances here and there on every rehearsal and gig ... :frog:

Last edited:
At least two Firmware releases for the MFC MKI & MKII the issue is still current on MFC MKI FW 3.00 & Axe-Fx FW 12.03. Perhaps something that could only be solved with the fully electronical Switches on MK III Units!? Or the correspondending software designs MFC<->Axe-Fx deny a solution here?

I just got to thinking...Maybe Switch Links would work better if it were baked into the Axe-Fx firmware and not dependent on the MFC.

I added a "Wish" HERE

This Bug is 1,5 years and x Firmware updates old ... so, i gave up and would say: no. ;(

As you say.

My deep and abiding loyalty to Fractal Audio has been sorely tested by the MFC. For being a current and quite pricey product, it sure shows a lot of signs of being abandoned.

This is the last time I bump this...
It would be sweet if this could be solved by an update.

- I use bank size 0
- Scene revert on.
- 5 Scenes a la: Clean/Crunch-lowgain/Crunch-highgain/Lead1/Lead2
- Link A: 3 IA's Chorus/Flanger/Phaser
- Link B: 3 IA's Delay1/Delay2/Multidelay
- I save each scene with specific block on or off

The link group doesn't save the block state through the scenes and I have to tap dance to solve this...

Back
Top Bottom