Wish Link Footswitches

I would like to have the availability to link 2 (or more) foot switches, such that only one can be active at a time. (Although both could be off at the same time)

I use 2 delays in the majority of my patches where one is a set time and the other is a dotted 8th. There are times where I would like to have delays off, others where l like to switch between the set delay and dotted 8th during the song (say between verse and chorus). I have looked into doing this with the control switch, but if doesn't work they way I would like, since both delays are off by default in the patch - to have it alternate, I would have to have the delays active all the time, unless I am missing something. The X-Y doesn't allow for "predictable" switching since it is a stomp and hold.

With my wish, I could have two switches assigned to delay 1 and 2. Turn one on at will, and switch between them on beat, by pressing the other switch. Then deactivate both by pressing the "active" one.

Thank.

I might be missing something, but, wouldn't scenes server the purpose? Or is this more, "on the fly" type stuff. Like I said I might be missing something.
I do know what your talking about since you can do linking on the MFC-101.

John

It could, but the downside is that both scenes would have to be identical. With turning on / off effects during a song, it is impossible to have them set up appropriately ahead of time as the state of the current scene is fluid. I do have a few patches for some songs that are pretty fixed and only change delay type. The scenes work well for these.

I had an MFC and used the link feature for this very scenario.

I might be missing something, but, wouldn't scenes server the purpose? Or is this more, "on the fly" type stuff. Like I said I might be missing something.
I do know what your talking about since you can do linking on the MFC-101.

John

Yes, this would be a great feature. I used it frequently on the MFC.

In addition, with x/y, I don't think you can have spillover? (I could be wrong about this, I haven't set up any x/y delays for a while now...) This way you could have the trails from one carry over when you switch to the other.

Back
Top Bottom