Lines In The Sand Solo/interlude - FW 18.06 TX Star Lead!

ducci1012

Found the "real" backing track for this (Jammit) and decided to do a run through of it. One of my favorite JP solos! I used the same Lonestar patch for the lead (I was lazy and busted out a real wah though) and all of the rhythm sections, this amp is just killer G3'd. So much mojo and dynamic! I used a Mark IV on the last riff and the rhythm stuff hidden under the solo. Opted for my strat over my EBMM, it just sounds killer for this type of tone and I'm pretty sure JP is using some sort of single coil on the original (tele?).

Thanks for listening :)

How this doesn't have a 100 comments and likes I don't know. Truly outstanding tone and playing.

Sent from Moto X

Thanks everybody :)

The cab I used was the 2x12 TX Star M160 (#19). I had to use some pretty extreme settings to tame the bass, but I think that was an artifact of using the strat and doing most of the intro solo using the bridge/middle combo!

Killer. The ends justify the means (using extreme settings). Great stuff!!!

Totally! Ears not eyes really went a long way on this one. I'll post the patch tonight or tomorrow for those interested, but mileage may vary as it sounds a little weird with all of my other guitars. Very simple, FW18 handles the heavy lifting for you :)

Definitely lots of volume knob usage to control the gain. Everything except the last riff (which was the MkIV because it's a heavier riff) was this one patch, so all of the variance is from volume knob and pickup selector. I tweaked it throughout the recording EQ wise, but only very minor to get a little more high end in the double-tracked rhythm stuff. I never touched the gain from where it is.

For the intro to the solo, I used a mix of bridge and middle. For the wah section, I used all bridge. For the "cleaner" stuff I used all neck. Then for the rest of the rhythm it was all bridge. I don't remember exactly off hand roughly where the volume knob was on each section, I just sort of did what sounded good!

I'm not really sure what the pickups actually are in my strat. It's a mexican version with an aftermarket Dimarzio pre-wired pick guard. I bought it from a friend, and he couldn't remember either. Area maybe? Whatever they are, it's far and away the best sounding mexican strat I've come across!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom