Line6 Powercab 112

Veloso1978

Inspired
Hi everyone
How knows that cab from line 6 power cab 112?
I’m with dificullt choose the Line 6 112 FRFR or the Friedman ASC-12..
I need buy a FRFR urgent.
And see the review from Line 6 112 and exist the Line 6 112 Plus to and like by the review. The issue are if anyone knows and the general opinion. I’m in your hands my friends . Lol
Thanks a lot .

There have been some threads on it in the Amps & Cabs section I think...somewhere around there. Seemed like it was a mixed bag of reviews.

Where are you located? If you can get your hands on XiTone they're a great piece at a good price. I have the passive 12 and its pretty awesome.

My friend purchased one and said he loved it especially when he turned it up, however, once a friend came by and played on it then he was able to sit back and really listen to it.

This allowed him to critique it and he felt it didn't sound very authentic to him so he brought it over my place in order for us to compare it with my XL+ through a Marshall power amp running into cabs. We compared them at different volumes and he decided to sell it since my set up sounded a lot better to us.

It kind of sounded "hollow" to us, and it sounded best at a very low volume.

We tried various cabs and the result seemed to be the same for us.

He sold it and bought a tube amp and ran his AXE FX III through the effects loop return and said it was a better way for him to play his AXE FX III.

I think it was fine for very low volume playing but then it's a pretty good amount of money to be playing at just a low volume.

I bought a Friedman ASC from the same friend earlier last year and I finally played on it at room volume.

I decided to sell it a few minutes afterwards for the same reasons stated above :)

It is always a good idea to play on these amps yourself since tone and the volume you want to play at regularly is subjective and specific to the individual.

I didn't like it that much, kinda dark and the mids were muddy or "hollow" as mentioned above. It was probably fine for being a lower priced speaker than XiTone or Friedman, but it's not at that level of sound.

Well it’s better the Friedman ASC-12?
I’m from Portugal and I see the reviews of the Xitone , the Atomica but I play loud and see some reviews about the Friedman and like.
I just need some tranquility in my set in terms of sounds Good and regular. Friedman are a good choice my friends?

Why create a new thread and cause forum clutter?

Personally a new thread and current discussion is preferable to resurrecting old threads with old discussions. I've seen people reply and quote posts so old that the original posters have long left their forums. This makes no sense, if only because in the months, or even years that passed insights and even POV's can change. At least with a new thread you get current insights and POV's. It also creates less clutter, because now you don't go 'WTF is that 10 year old thread doing at the top again?'

I don't think that you've mounted an effective case for your point at all.

Sifting through multiple threads in the pursuit of knowledge is far more time consuming than searching within a single thread. The age of original post is hardly relevant nor a detriment to information retrieval.

Personally a new thread and current discussion is preferable to resurrecting old threads with old discussions. I've seen people reply and quote posts so old that the original posters have long left their forums. This makes no sense, if only because in the months, or even years that passed insights and even POV's can change. At least with a new thread you get current insights and POV's. It also creates less clutter, because now you don't go 'WTF is that 10 year old thread doing at the top again?'
Not everybody take a Axe fx 10 years ago... New person have and this is a forum to help and take some doubts about some things how works with that kind of things. But I apologized to make you to see that thread when you just see 10 years ago. But thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom