Line 6 Powercab

Muad'zin

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone heard anything about this new Line 6 product? Could be interesting to those who crave amp in the room, but also need cab sim from time to time. Of course, it is Line 6, so your mileage may vary.

Looks pretty interesting. I use a Line 6 Flextone II XL for my stage monitor. It sounds great (to my ears). I use it to dial in my presets in my studio

Just thought I'd share a video from my former guitar teacher Doug Doppler:

He's using a Helix... Don't hold it against him :)

Just thought I'd share a video from my former guitar teacher Doug Doppler:

He's using a Helix... Don't hold it against him :)

Why? If he's happy with it, go for it. Interesting Strat he has in that video though. With a Tele style control configuration.

I'm curious what kind of clean headroom it really has given its peak 250 watt rating. Kind of low as far as FRFR cabs go.

I believe Xitone cabs use a similar coaxial speaker system (tweeter screws into the back of the main speaker). They are reported to be very guitar cab like in feel. Xitone amp module is 800 watts RMS in comparison. Xitone has Bluetooth audio support too.

I'm curious what kind of clean headroom it really has given its peak 250 watt rating. Kind of low as far as FRFR cabs go.

I believe Xitone cabs use a similar coaxial speaker system (tweeter screws into the back of the main speaker). They are reported to be very guitar cab like in feel. Xitone amp module is 800 watts RMS in comparison. Xitone has Bluetooth audio support too.
It's a combination of power amp and speaker efficiency.

When I was at Mission Engineering several years ago, they demo'd the Gemini 2 (before it was released). I think it was only 90 or 100 watts but it was freaking loud!

Anyone heard anything about this new Line 6 product? Could be interesting to those who crave amp in the room, but also need cab sim from time to time. Of course, it is Line 6, so your mileage may vary.

I'm gonna try one of these but not available till May the stores tell me

I'm seriously considering this, to use as stage monitor (Axe-FX III output direct to PA)

Has anyone tried it already with the Axe-FX? I don't see any comment at the "Amps and Cabs" section of this forum

Back
Top Bottom