Line 6 Powercab

I've had Atomic CLR and a crap ton of other FRFR cabs.
Right now I own the following three:

1. Mission Gemini 2 (2x12 with dual 12" coaxial drivers). This is by far THE LOUDEST of any FRFR I've had.
It just plain ROCKS!!! The real cab to full FRFR dial is nice! Love this one, but it's the heaviest of the three.

2. Xitone MBritt convertible open/closed back (original Matrix amp) 1x12" coaxial.
This is the loudest of the two 1x12" FRFR's. It has good tone and 5 EQ settings that range from full FRFR to actually running without the horn driver.
Very nice! and it's the second heaviest of the three.

3. Line 6 Powercab Plus. Lowest power output of the three, but the lightest. Volume is sufficient for use with a band with an acoustic set drummer
that hits hard, especially if you have it tilted nearby or up on something. Make sure and jack the input gain up all the way on the presets and hit save
in order to get the max volume out of her.

If I could only have one, it would be the Gemini 2. Powercab Plus would be second due to portability.

I'm seriously considering this, to use as stage monitor (Axe-FX III output direct to PA)

Has anyone tried it already with the Axe-FX? I don't see any comment at the "Amps and Cabs" section of this forum
I just ordered the 112 for my axe III. I should have it Friday- I’ll share my 2 cents.

I recently bought a pair of m audio bx8 d3’s for the axe 3 but ended up returning them. I’m sure with some tinkering they would have sounded great but they were too bulky for my setup at home. I’m hoping with the powercab I can get the best of both worlds- a nice sounding speaker and a convenient form factor.

I recently bought a pair of m audio bx8 d3’s for the axe 3 but ended up returning them. I’m sure with some tinkering they would have sounded great but they were too bulky for my setup at home. I’m hoping with the powercab I can get the best of both worlds- a nice sounding speaker and a convenient form factor.
Alright, just spent about an hour messing around with the powercab112. I gotta say, my init
I just ordered the 112 for my axe III. I should have it Friday- I’ll share my 2 cents.
alright, so I spent about an hour just messing around with various presets on the Axe III though the Powercab 112 and I gotta say, my initial review is very positive. the “amp in the room” feel and sound is legit. Nice bottom end, nice clarity. I’m a fan!

i bought a powercab112 to be use for my ax8 set up... i think it works, im still learning how to dial in the cab irs from ax8 then using flat mode on power cab but still no luck, the best sound im getting is, using the stack IRs of power cab, it sounds legit...

i bought a powercab112 to be use for my ax8 set up... i think it works, im still learning how to dial in the cab irs from ax8 then using flat mode on power cab but still no luck, the best sound im getting is, using the stack IRs of power cab, it sounds legit...

i actually returned the PC112 and get the PC112+

for so much features and flexibilities 250 Cad was a good deal
PC112+ is the way to go

Anybody that has compared the powercab with a Yamaha DXR10. I don’t care about the speakers emulated in the powercab so I would we using the FRFR mode, although it seems that the mode everybody raves about (Only the woofer EQ’d for flat response) is only available in the + model and I don’t want to spend such as much money.

Can you use the powercab as a PA speaker? Could you run vocals or a drum machine thru it with the flat setting?

Back
Top Bottom