Line 6 PowerCab 112

BTW I don't see this behaviour when I use SPDIF to connect to my UAD Apollo 8 interface... so seems to be specific to either the PC+ cabs or the Axe III AES out...

Hi Kent. Thx for your reply. Yes. I double checked and in fact if I switch the connection around it is always the one that 'slaved' to the other that is lower in volume...

2nd thing I notice is that while things seem fine and stereo when Out 1 panning is down the middle, if I try to pan 100% left or 100% right, I just get reduced levels on both sides instead of the expected behaviour (which I do get on headphones or via monitors plugged into the Analog Out 1).
This would happen if your signal was being summed to mono somewhere in the chain.

Thx Rex. That's what I thought initially, but I don't get that behaviour in the headphones? And I have now tried several other presets (the one I was originally using was the one from Burgs this AM... but I also see this with Factory presets...).

I'm thinking it has to do with the PC+... so folks here are not even able to get it to work via AES with just 1 PC+... so maybe it doesn't properly detect and/or interpret the signal received from the Axe and summs it up to mono into both cabs for some reason...

Thx Rex. That's what I thought initially, but I don't get that behaviour in the headphones? And I have now tried several other presets (the one I was originally using was the one from Burgs this AM... but I also see this with Factory presets...).

I'm thinking it has to do with the PC+... so folks here are not even able to get it to work via AES with just 1 PC+... so maybe it doesn't properly detect and/or interpret the signal received from the Axe and summs it up to mono into both cabs for some reason...
Whatever it is, it’s not your Axe, because your headphones sound fine. Maybe there’s something in your PC+ that’s not configured right.

Back
Top Bottom