Line 6 Pod HD Pro... Axe-fx II's long lost twin?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
I was a bit curious about the Pod HD Pro's aesthetics and found this pic... shocking to see that at a quick glance it looks a bit like the Axe-fx II.

Not a bad looking unit..simple, functional, you know exactly what you are getting..will suit alot of players.

Crome knobs would look alot nicer.

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the 11R that has to be it's main competitor.

Last edited:
Black, not red or orange or chrome. Hmm.. don't know if the market will like that! Lotsa knobs, not so many buttons.

you know, I almost got a heart attack when I read the title! :eek: LOL

black knobs.....brushed metal finish (can't quite see if it is tho)....is it possible that this was a direct release in response to axe fx and would be the line 6 'axe fx killer'? (HAHAHHAHAHA just thinking that makes me erupt with laughter!) after all, line 6 signature is the chrome knobs right?

prob the way that all these crappy smartphones are 'iphone killers' and the iphone is selling even more?

line 6 prob realized that they were selling crap and it couldn't hold a candle to the bottom of the axe's boots, and decided it would be marketing suicide to release it looking like that.

btw, please don't ever put axe fx and
line 6 in the same sentence again, I almost lost my lunch there! LOL :S

It is an improvement. I have to admit that one thing I miss from my old Pod rack is the dedicated knobs for amp controls.

Reactions: jon
Black unit with black knobs. There can be none blacker.

I dig the straight utilitarian look. Keeps it from looking cheap/toyish.

Nothing wrong in manufacturers borrowing features from others .... iPhones came out .... suddenly a plethera of slim touch screen phones came out.

Then there's <cough cough> 'Cabinet Warping'?? ... can't think where I've seen this somewhere ;)

There's only so much that one can do with the form factor of a rack unit. At a certain level, they all look pretty similar (absent things like different colors).

Nothing wrong in manufacturers borrowing features from others .... iPhones came out .... suddenly a plethera of slim touch screen phones came out.

Then there's <cough cough> 'Cabinet Warping'?? ... can't think where I've seen this somewhere ;)
Where?

Back
Top Bottom