Line 6 New Amp Teaser......

I will bet dollars to donuts it's another rehash of the POD, using the cheapest ass SHARC chips and ADC/DACs available. Made in a Chinese sweatshop by children.
No offense, but china is farther away from being "sweatshop by children" than you think. Yes, there is cheap-crap china, but there is also good-stuff-at-reasonable-price china nowadays. I think some people should put away blinders when thinking of china and accept the reality.
Most stuff you can nowadays buy as "made in china", actually comes from taiwan or vietnam.

@ topic:
I think it's going to be an interesting product - for the market they are aiming at. Since most Line6 products aim for the lower priced section of modellers, I'd say Fractal doesn't even need to compete with anything here. But I will definitely take a look once it is released, just out of curiosity.

No offense, but china is farther away from being "sweatshop by children" than you think. Yes, there is cheap-crap china, but there is also good-stuff-at-reasonable-price china nowadays. I think some people should put away blinders when thinking of china and accept the reality.
Most stuff you can nowadays buy as "made in china", actually comes from taiwan or vietnam.

@ topic:
I think it's going to be an interesting product - for the market they are aiming at. Since most Line6 products aim for the lower priced section of modellers, I'd say Fractal doesn't even need to compete with anything here. But I will definitely take a look once it is released, just out of curiosity.

I know. My iPhone was made in China. But every single Line 6 product I ever bought was a third-rate plastic turd.

I know. My iPhone was made in China. But every single Line 6 product I ever bought was a third-rate plastic turd.

Opinions vary.

I don't really care for my Line 6 POD XT Pro. I mainly bought it since it had the bass expansion pack loaded and I needed an effects processor for a bass rig/gig I put together back in 2009. It's still racked in my studio and it gets used sometimes along with a TC Gmajor2.

My Vetta II 2x12 + 2x12 exp cab utterly ROCKS. I can get some phenomenal tones out of that thing ranging from straight up melt-your-face metal to some down south country chickn-pickn. It really excels at some SRV tones since you can have two amps combined. Great for a "bassman 4x10 / twin reverb with some tube screamer thown in" tone.

The HD100 > Marshall 1960B setup is a beast and built for pure metal. I can barely even turn that thing up without pissing off the neighbors. Take the face melting quota of the Vetta and multiply by a factor of 10. Yeh, this thing will melt the faces off at least 10 people deep lined up in a row. Front-to-back, not side-to-side. :D Guaranteed to take their heads clean off. LOL

I've got an HD147 floating around here somewhere. Hate that thing. It sucks ballz. Loud as hell, but a complete failure for modeling/effects.

The original little POD I had wasn't the greatest, but it was made of metal and it did allow me to make some decent music. I didn't use it very long though as that was around the time I first discovered modelers and ended up with some Digitech units that I still have to this day. They don't get much use anymore, but I keep them around for the sake of nostalgia. =)

I had to double check if I ended up in L6 forums by mistake. :lol Get on with the program, people, L6 - bad, Fractal - good.

"Line 6 - Riding coattails since 1996!" :lol

...and doing it better than most.

Calm down, I said "most". FAS excluded, of course. :D

I'm not a gear snob. I like what I like and use what I like. I like my L6 stuff just fine.

HOWEVER, it's only a matter of time before I have the AFXII set up where none of my other modelers even get turned on anymore. I know this thing is far more capable than any other modeler I've tried. I'm still a novice learning its nuances though, so naturally to get something done quickly I'll jump back into my comfort zone from time to time. Right now that means my L6 stuff and occasionally even my GNX3 or GNX3K.

I'm not the first Axe user to not be bolled over with its out of the box patches. I also don't drink brand koolaid for anything. No one ever accused me of being a fanboi for anything, even L6. It took me a while to convert over from my Digitech setup.

The AFXII will eventually be the flagship in my studio, but for now I'll use what works best for my immediate needs.

Hmm Line6 bought out Kemper and remodeled the controls in red?

Seriously though.... Isn't it funny how Line6 gets the same respect as Behringer on this board? I also like how people are slamming a product based on a 10 second glimpse of a LED knob. If these companies were as horrible as you all make them out to be I highly doubt they'd be in business let alone major players in the industry.

PS... I own and use and have used reliably products from both companies for over 10 years without an issue.

Maybe we should have an open mind and see what they have come up with before judging?

I use one good product from Line 6, their wireless systems are pretty nice!! I've owned lot's of their gear Vetta amp etc, but don't have much hope for this new product but i could be wrong, we'll see..

Pod x3 and atomic 212-50 was my first live set up. I had some good gigs and can't really bag on them too much. Was I frustrated with them and some of the bugs, of course, but for me it was the best bang for the buck for a poor undergraduate.

You know, I'm not a gear snob either. I use and love a Yamaha THR10, for instance, because it sounds great. But honest to god, the only way I could make L6 gear to sound (but not feel) sort of passable is by running it through a tube amp and a cab, at which point I might as well go ahead and use the real thing. And if it doesn't feel right, I just can't enjoy playing it, not when there's a half stack sitting nearby. I'm not a pro, I need to enjoy what I'm doing to keep at it. If something sounds like a wet fart, I either take it back to the store, or unload it on eBay. I don't have the time to devote to making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Either something sounds great with very little tweaking, or we part ways.

Chill out bros. Line 6 is the middle-ground of the modeling world. They can throw new products out often because of their scale. I remember when the tube based atomic came out and a while later Vox and Line6 came out with modeling/tube hybrid combos/heads. This will probably be following suit by using FRFR speakers. It will be cool. It will be used by many who cannot afford the real amps, are young in their musical and professional careers and give them options they never had before.

Axe-FX will be the exotic sports car for the foreseeable future.
Line6 will the corvette
Zoom will be the Miata/Toyobaru

All have their places in the market.

Reactions: Rex
Variax was pretty cool I have to say, not as good as the real thing obviously but great for gigging and not bringing 4 different guitars. It's not as if Joe Audience could tell the difference anyway.

I think L6 has gotten better over the years, to go from the spider to the DT range is a phenomenal jump, I doubt this will even attempt to take on Fractal/kemper in their respective arenas, I'm thinking it'll be something to take on the likes of Blackstars ID series or Fenders Mustang.

Back
Top Bottom