Line 6 launches a AX8 like Modelling Processor.

Wonder if its using the same 15-20 year old algo's just like all their other gear ? Its like they designed the green DL4 (which was good at the time, and still does sound decent these days) and gave up, never to try to keep improving.

They are kind of the anti-Fractal in that regard

Definitely aimed at AxeFx - as they now have the rack mounted unit and controller together for about the price of AxeII.

Interesting, but there is simply no way it can come close. If for no other reason they don't endeavor the labor of love process of modeling at the level the axefx does.

Here are images and pricing (scroll to bottom after the link)...sure will be interesting to see how it does...imitation is the purest form of flattery. Rock on Fractal!!

Line 6

I bet it still doesn't have the option to load User/Third Part Impulse Responses.

Line6 have never been good at listening to their customers.

It looks nice though!

I don't own a Axe FX yet but I do have a HD500X. I'm a few months away from an axe but in the meantime my POD is being used. I really hope they stepped up their modelling game and support. The HD500X JUST RECENTLY got it's first big update. I've had it for a year.

As an Axe2 owner, at best, this would qualify as a backup. However, if I was in the market for a backup, at this price point, I think I'd rather wait to see what the AX8 has in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1500 "sale price"?! Seriously? Hahaha, good luck!

Whilst the likes of Metallica and U2 use Axe FX algorithms, no-one in the seriously-PRO sphere will use this.

$1500 "sale price"?! Seriously? Hahaha, good luck!

Whilst the likes of Metallica and U2 use Axe FX algorithms, no-one in the seriously-PRO sphere will use this.

Even if it hit the street a $1000, and the AX8 was $1500, for a backup, I'd rather pay the extra $500 to get what I got from my Axe2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Line 6 Still looks like a dinky toy, a usual line 6 TOY! Cheap looking construction!
Yet i must say, that screen is """""BEAUTIFUL!""""" The Axe FX 2 screen is as terrible as they come - a 1985 calculator screen - WTF! Made in the USA???? EH!
OK, ill get hounded now for saying that, but its true anyhow. It does the job, because hey, we all use AXE EDIT anyhow eh. ----- I absolutely love AXE EDIT!! ------
Yet i wish AXE EDIT would fill the screen on the PC by choice which is doesn't have an option to do so, which is strange, and wish Cliff would use vectoring within the program to make all the elements and text and logo and so on scale properly, so the fuzziness wasn't there. That screen on the Line 6 is amazing resolution - and the color scheme would make for a nice experience. I do have to use the front of the axe on occasion, and even though its not hard to use, its like using an old calculator. That time died with Donkey Kong, please hear me on that Cliff!
Anyhow .... ? Should make for good feedback. GULP!

p.s. my son came up to me the other day and saw me using AXE EDIT, the very first thing he said was: Dad, why didn't they use vectoring with this program? The text is fuzzy, the fractal logo is fuzzy, and edges on the squares "preset blocks" are fuzzy, the dials are fuzzy, etc, yet you have a high quality 1080P screen - it should be really smooth. Its so simple to do aswell. Do you want me to edit the program and do it all for you dad? I could make it really high resolution for you if you like.
I said, umm, maybe ill tell cliff about it, and hopefully he will hear me and the next AXE EDIT will be fixed up in that area, because the fractal forums seem to be very helpful in working together to make the best unit possible. Ill see what happens son!

I have great respect for my fractal units, but I think some of ya'll should eas up until you now the facts. It could be kick ars, it may be a flop, but bad mouthing something none of us have heard or seen is a little much! I have some line 6 products, and for the price I paid for them I am very happy with them. Will I buy this new Helix, probably not I am happy with the xl but I will not bad mouth it till I hear it! I would hate to talk bad about it and then find out it rocks and then have to suck tit when I bought one!

Back
Top Bottom