Line 6 HX Effects new for NAMM

Unfortunately the AX8 currently hardly speaks any Midi, just PC.
It has been a few years but my recollection from when I had an M13 was that it could take PC messages to change "scenes" which stores the current layout of effects, their settings, on/off states, etc.. If this new box has similar capabilities, it would sync well with the AX8's ability to send PC on scene changes.

Likewise. The boost comp was really cool too.

I always thought the Sweep Echo sounded way way better then the one in the Axe. I'll gig with the one in the Axe if I have to, but if I get the chance I'll take the one from my M5. For some reason it sounds more lush straight from the bat, whereas the one in the Axe needs a lot of tweaking to get near it.

I've still got an M5 - I haven't used it in a while but it was my only pedal when I was playing bass with a couple bands - it's got good filters, octave, and tuner.

it has over 100 new HX effects with new for NAMM updated reverbs , all the vintage M effects, IR loader, 2 effects loops, midi, amp switching, true bypass, snapshots etc...

So just drive blocks into IRs? No amp/power amp right? Better than a drive direct to a PA, but not usually the best sound. Interesting.

Cliff set the bar.......Kemper came along & did their own thing.......Line6 took notice & decided to stop catering to the lowest common denominator like they were doing for the most part.

Loads IRs. It seems to have robust MIDI control as well (up to 6 messages per switch). And the stereo FX loop can be split into two mono loops.

(Seems they’ve been perusing wish list forums from competitors)
A savvy user that doesn't need full MFC capability could potentially use one as an "effects extender" and a midi controller for their Axe Fx.

I wonder if people who play barefoot would have a hard time with the capacitive buttons? :)

I wonder if people who play barefoot would have a hard time with the capacitive buttons? :)
i think it just "selects" that switch/effect for further editing. i don't think you can actually change anything with the capacitance while in performance mode? could be wrong.

So just drive blocks into IRs? No amp/power amp right? Better than a drive direct to a PA, but not usually the best sound. Interesting.

I think, that it is meant to run a seperate signal to FOH with IR when using 4CM. Cool option IMO.

Also for a modeler like Amplifire-box it offers a great IR library.

Back
Top Bottom