Line 6 "helix" vs Axe-fx II ?

Echomatrix

Just wondering ,have neither ,the "helix" is not out yet ,I'm considering used Axe-FxII , I'm new to this forum maybe I'm asking the wrong question but is there that big a difference in the Axe-FxII and the new Axe-FxII xl.
Saw a Axe-FxII and MFC101 controller for $1800

"Saw a Axe-FxII and MFC101 controller for $1800" If legit, would be a steal. That price is almost a "too good to be true" price unless its damaged or something. Be cautious.

The Jury is out on the Helix.. maybe you should wait until you can try one out. Although if that deal for the axe2 and mfc is for real.. there would be no point in waiting.

The link Chris posted elegantly details the differences.

I am a home recording guitarist and the mark 2 is plenty for me. It kind of depends on your application. As far as just the guitar tones go, they are the same (and they are awesome).

Just wondering ,have neither ,the "helix" is not out yet ,I'm considering used Axe-FxII , I'm new to this forum maybe I'm asking the wrong question but is there that big a difference in the Axe-FxII and the new Axe-FxII xl.
Saw a Axe-FxII and MFC101 controller for $1800

I wouldn't expect a Helix to compete with either AxeFX model you mentioned. It doesn't have the horsepower. When it comes to the Helix, I think a more "fair" comparison will be between the Helix and the AX8. More of an apples to apples comparison. Helix may be out August-September and AX8 may be out in October, so the window isn't that far away.

OP, If you were truly seeking knowledge regarding the differences between the II and the XL, maybe you should change your title to something less divisive. Especially because the title has nothing to do with your question.

If you can get an Axe FX2 AND the MFC for only 1800$, fucking do it without hesitation (but beware... it might be a scam, because when a price is almost too good to be true, it mostly is).

At worst case, you can resell for at least 500 dollars of pure profit.

Back
Top Bottom