Line 6 amplifi/FX100 meets my AX8...

Dixiethedog

Experienced
I had a bit of an oddball idea earlier today. :)
Pre AX8 (which I'm still very much new too) I was using the bottom of the market budget Line 6 FX100 pedal unit thing (£100) . It's basically the same as the Line 6 amplifi but in a stompbox that you can store presets into.
Because we are the elite and all own Fractal gear we can say Line 6 stuff is rubbish. So that's that out of the way. :yum:
I'm deaf in one ear, walk with a limp and don't have the expert abilities to create brilliant presets so that's where the idea came from for this.

One thing I liked about the FX100 (or amplifi) was the ability it had ( with the line 6 app) to be able to search out "tones" from some cloud in the sky via the interweb and Bluetooth something or other for my enjoyment.
This meant should you fancy having a play along with (as an example) Van Halen you could do a search and find multiple ready-made EVH tones to try out. Or any artist of your desires for that matter.
So, I sat my amplifi app loaded tablet next to my PC (with Fractal ax8 edit) and loaded up some of the settings from the amplifi app over to my AX8. The suggested Line 6 amp, cab, etc settings.
I loaded a Boston type of tone into my AX8 and I'm fairly well impressed with it. I'm currently messing around with custom scales for the harmony stuff.
I have my amp set up in the living room near the TV so I put Youtube on with Bostyx to play along with (badly play along with....) and if you squint I kind of sound vaguely similar. :laughing:
If you are stuck for a tone it may be worth having a look at the app? You might think its rubbish but I think its worth a look. You don't need to own any Line 6 stuff to get the app by the way.
My Line 6 FX100 has not seen the light of day since my AX8 turned up here. Its currently stashed away in the back of a cupboard with the dust thickening on it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.line6.amplifi&hl=en_GB

I'll get my coat.... which is the cupboard alongside my FX100....

I've added a couple of presets on the AX8 preset page. One as per the Line 6 app and then the same preset modded to add a filter for the Rockman type of sound. I'm not sure if I like the filter or not? I think I prefer the filter off myself.

Back
Top Bottom