Lindley Dumble settings...help translating?

tcb37

Lindley/Landreth/Harper Dumble settings...help translating?

I found some great picks of David Lindley's Dumble head with markings on it for his settings. Useful to anyone? I'm going to give it a shot. At the bottom of the page I also included Ben Harpers from the same article.
9bd0e097.jpg

98bbffd2.jpg

abc9d3cd.jpg

These came from this page, where you might be able to see the settings better.
Behind the Scenes: Ben Harper Interviews David Lindley | The Fretboard Journal: Keepsake magazine for guitar collectors
Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing this, a buddy of mine Jason Mozersky who is a very fine player has been touring with Ben Harper these past few years...he told me he had to use a Hiwatt (plus an old Park head too) to be able to mix and not clash with the Dumble on stage sonically speaking....

I would suggest you use some PEQ pre or post amp in trying to replicate this, also the FET Boost drive in front which will warm it up and lift it well with both the drive and level set above 6... The Dumbles as you know are not at all alike in sound/tone, although the AXE II version does have the DNA in it.

Look at tone stacks as well in the amp geek sections, like skyline or other choices, and see if that helps you get closer to the tone... the other thing is I don't think there are any factory cabs (or IRs for that matter) that replicate the the 2 x12 oval back style Dumble cabs Lindley likes, but perhaps I'm mistaken... nice to be able to "crank up a Dumble" and not have your ears bleed using the AXE II though!

If you find something good, share the patch please!

Back
Top Bottom