Lincoln Brewster patches?

Radley

Experienced
Just wondering if our AFX endorsee Lincoln Brewster has posted any of his concert patches? He's a guy with ears I trust, so it would be interesting to see how he programs the mighty Axe-FX.

No official LB patches yet, though many including myself are waiting for them. You can do a search on the forum to see a few posts talking about him and a couple guys that actually talked to him with his axe.

I just keep prayin, he shared his stuff with the Line 6 crowd, maybe eventually he will with us :D

I would love to have his patches too. He has such great tones and my Strat is very similar to his so it's up to my fingers at that point. :)

- John

I'm going to see him next Saturday in Fort Wayne, Indiana. $35 gets you a workshop with Lincoln at 3:00, one with his band at 4 I think, dinner, then "artist circle" seats at the concert. Great deal!! I'm sure someone will ask about his Axe patches - will be me if no one else does.

Jackel please ask Linc if he a) used the Axe Fx on his last CD, and b) what amp did he use for the 'reaching for you ' tune? It sounds like the Fryette amp but I cannot get the crunch just right. Word is he is still using the Plexi amp, but it is very frustrating to be so close but still missing whatever key elements exact eq, filter ect that make it come together. Also maybe ask him when the next instructional DVD is slated to come out?
thanks

Jackel please ask Linc if he a) used the Axe Fx on his last CD, and b) what amp did he use for the 'reaching for you ' tune? It sounds like the Fryette amp but I cannot get the crunch just right. Word is he is still using the Plexi amp, but it is very frustrating to be so close but still missing whatever key elements exact eq, filter ect that make it come together. Also maybe ask him when the next instructional DVD is slated to come out?
thanks

cragginshred, I read in a Worship Musician magazine where he said he used both the Axe and POD Farm on his last CD. You can kind of tell the POD tones by the sharp attack and that oxymoron-ic midrange tone with a big mid dip. I tihink the axe tones are the ones that bloom. Could be way wrong on both accounts though.
I use the Plexi 1 model with the 4x12 30W for Reaching For You, and it works ok, but it doesn't nail the tone. There's a Youtube video from 2010 of him playing it live where you can hear his live tone for that song. Somehow he manages to get both a better defined tone AND it's thicker than I can muster with my ears. Believe me, I will pump him for as much info as I can get given the chance! And yes, I'd slip him some serious cash if I thought it would make a difference.

My worship class here in college had a video chat/interview with him and I asked him about the AXE-fx and he said he loves it and it can do anything. Mentioned that you have to be tech savvy to use it as well.

He did state that he stopped using it because he felt bad telling other people and kids that if they wanted his sound they'd have to spend thousands for one piece of it so he moved to the POD HD.

I was shocked...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

He did state that he stopped using it because he felt bad telling other people and kids that if they wanted his sound they'd have to spend thousands for one piece of it so he moved to the POD HD.

This is perhaps the most depressing thing I've heard in a while. He's done great things with the pod yeah, but... There are alot of Axe guys that really want his opinion and knowledge!!! :eek:ops

That's a truly bizarre idea, to pick your gear based on how readily people can copy you rather than on what sounds right. By that logic he should use a squier strat and the cheapest fender he can find at guitar center.

"That's a truly bizarre idea..." Yet noble all the same. Lincoln has an incredible ear for tone. What he can do with the Line 6 products is just phenomenal. It just proves (once again) it is every bit the player, not just the equipment.

- John

Does L6 even recognize him as one of their artists? I mean, if the guy isn't endorsed by them after all he's done for their products and community he really should go a different route. I know at least 4 people who bought the last pod series because of him. Only him.

At least fractal welcomed him. Officially. That was such a happy day for me.

Partially because I had just had a snobby guy try to say to me that any rack unit was garbage and L6 was the way to go, the very next week I saw Brewster had gone for the Axe.

Wow. I have a tough time believing that's true, that he would limit his live tone like that. I mean, he certainly can make the POD Farm sound absolutely fantastic, but I wonder what other processing he was doing - pre-POD EQing perhaps? Or maybe using IRs outside of the POD software? He always said he used an SM57 off-axis, yet all his POD patches were on-axis. But live he was stuck with just the X3. I haven't tried the HD yet myself, but the sound samples on the Line 6 site sure aren't impressive in any way.

Has this claim been substantiated in any other way? I guess I'll find out next Saturday for sure and let you all know.

I will be majorly bummed if we can't eventually get his Axe patches. I was a wreck with the POD until getting his patches. I learned so much from them and his videos (if you're reading this, Lincoln, thanks! brother).

I would be willing to bet he would never go back to line 6 fully, however, meant that kids could get his tone using one. I tried and never could, but he obviously used em for years with great success.

I have a picture of us video chatting with him if you don't believe me...

I don't know if there is more to the story, but that's what he told me. He may still be using it for all I know, but also using the POD HD or just using it live, or on the CD. I really don't know because I didn't probe anymore.

Lincoln quit his Steve Perry gig to become a tech guy at a church. God works in mysterious ways that don't always make sense to the human mind. His retirement plan is amazing though.

John

Hey guys, I'm sure you guys might have read this LONG time ago.

BenVesco.com » POD Patches: Lincoln Brewster guitar sounds

It's for his Pod X3 sounds but I figured, it could help us all out in getting his tone using similar approach Lincoln used with his Pod X3. I tried to tweak settings to match his tone and it got dang close! I believe I still need some treble / mid tweak as it sounds a BIT muddier than his tone.

I'm not a tech savvy guy and just trying to wing it with my ears. haha. I'm surprised and at the same time, cool to hear him go back to the HD500. I know if I was that kid trying to get his tone would be stoked to hear that! Haha I know a friend of mine who absolutely LOVED his AxeFx and can't deny the fact that AxeFx kills in modelling but still sold it for HD500 for maximum portability.

So, until someone can go steal Linc's Axe Fx and get his patch, I hope that article helps y'all! (Though it's 3 years old.. keke)

Back
Top Bottom