Wish Limiter (Global or per-patch)

Pretty much a straight-forward wish. I'd love to have a limiter block as a part of the output.
I've used Bias FX before and I've always had to follow it up with a Waves L1 limiter. Such a feature would ensure that the signal does not clip on the mixer.
I do not know if the current CPU limitations would allow it, though.

Is this an optional limiter? Some might not like the use of CPU if they don’t need a limiter there.

Is this an optional limiter? Some might not like the use of CPU if they don’t need a limiter there.
Definitely something which we should be able to turn off. A lot of people will not want a limiter for clean patches. I'm speaking from a metal perspective.

Isn't a compressor with a ratio set to something like 1:100 effectively working as a limiter ?
Definitely. But what if both my compressors have already been used, say in a parallel chain? Also, a limiter would need just threshold + output level controls, without the other parameters a compressor has. This would save CPU to some extent, I think.

Definitely. But what if both my compressors have already been used, say in a parallel chain? Also, a limiter would need just threshold + output level controls, without the other parameters a compressor has. This would save CPU to some extent, I think.
The number of controls don’t determine CPU, it’s what processing is happening. Not having controls is like setting them to a permanent value so it’d be the same amount of CPU.

I don't get the need for a limiter. The AX8 is a perfomance tool. Just set levels correctly and be a well-behaved musician, and there no need for a limiter at all to prevent clipping. Furthermore, there's nothing more frustrating for a musician than playing with, or rather: against, a limiter.

Back
Top Bottom