Limited Amount of Choices in the Speaker Imp. Curve Window

that's how many impedance curves have been created so far. these are not IRs and don't represent the number of Cabs you have in the Cab block.

I don't even think too many folks payed attention to impedance curves. At least not until recently. Most probably still don't unless they follow this forum.

I never worried too much about it, now I'm obsessed with it from an "authenticity" standpoint. It does make an impact. The available options are pretty good for the moment, and definitely cover a lot of bases. It doesn't have to be manufacturer-specific, i.e: Amp + Marshall 412 cab + Marshall 412 impedance curve.

The 412 is the important detail, or 212, 112, etc. Just an estimate of the load of the "physical" cab setup you're modeling.

60 different curves is a limited choice? Many modelers don't even have that many cab IR's to pick from.

I equated curves with cabs/IR’s because I didn’t fully understand that they’re not the same thing. I’m still new to a lot of this. The first response to this thread straightened me out and now understand the error in my thinking. This is how one learns. I’m all set now.

I don't even think too many folks payed attention to impedance curves. At least not until recently. Most probably still don't unless they follow this forum.

I never worried too much about it, now I'm obsessed with it from an "authenticity" standpoint. It does make an impact. The available options are pretty good for the moment, and definitely cover a lot of bases. It doesn't have to be manufacturer-specific, i.e: Amp + Marshall 412 cab + Marshall 412 impedance curve.

The 412 is the important detail, or 212, 112, etc. Just an estimate of the load of the "physical" cab setup you're modeling.

I use the 212 recto curve because that’s the actual cab I’ve always used. It’s fantastic. Playing with different curves over the last few days after learning about them has been really eye-opening.

Is there a reason why there are only 60 choices in the Speaker Imp. Curve window of the amp block's Speaker tab?
that's how many impedance curves have been created so far.

Yes, as far as preconfigured "stock" curves. But we really have almost infinite flexibility in terms of tweaking the resonance frequencies, Qs, etc.

If you want you can measure the curve of your own real cabs

IIRC it's tricky to get these measurements right as Cliff has pointed out issues with user measured curves. However, even if you don't send it to Cliff, you could use your measurements to tweak an impedance curve to be pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom