Limitations in the Mark I/II BOOTROM...

pamisano

Inspired
So, I strayed from the Axe Fx, but am the prodigal son returned. I recently picked up a Axe Fx 2 Mk 1 w/ Q9.04, and MFC, 3.08. I downloaded, and purchased, some presets. Some are older firmware, some XL/XL+. One preset in particular keeps locking up my Axe Fx, screen goes blank, screen comes back but Axe Fx is now frozen.

I have a couple questions about the the boot rom limitations and incompatibility with previous versions of firmware. Does that mean the a preset written using Q9.02 is incompatible with an Axe Fx running 9.04?

Also are presets written on a XL/XL+ incompatible with a MKI/II?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Pete

You can not load xl presets on a II and vice verse directly, but there is a free utility (donations accepted I believe) called frac-tool which can convert an XL preset into a format the II can load

Should be some links to download it in the main forum pages

Hmm, haven't run into that. So the Axe Fx II won't allow XL presets to be loaded via AxeEdit or they don't work properly when loaded?

Firmware shouldn't matter, but keep in mind if a patch was created on an earlier firmware, the tones may sound different than intended because there have been changes to the modeling over time.

9.04 preset won't load if you are running 9.02, but a 9.02 preset should load if you are running 9.04. That preset you are trying to load is probably corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom