Lil studio related question of the ultra

Galgenwald

Hey guys,...
As I read the axe 2 always provides a dry DI track with it while recording. I was asking myself if the gen 1 Ultra can also do this. For the moment to track DI tracks as well I plugin my guitar into a Palmer BLue Di box and from there goes 1 output into my soundcard and one into my ultra. Isn't there a simplier way to do so?

Any experience?
I was thinking something like this.
create a second empty shunt run through all the blocks and pan the wet track hard richt and use the XLR Right output for wet and pan the other one hard left so have only your DI track.... But before I try it out and completely unplug my studio rack, I hope someone couls say me If I'm right or just have a mistake in my my way of thinking.
So in Axe Edit my idea would look like this:
5ca965-1476944607.jpg

Thanks in advance for your advice guys,

This will work but is less-than-optimal because it destroys the stereo image.
You have a device with amazing routing options!
The better solution is to use an "effects loop/aux out" block.
Output1 will be your wet track, Output2 will be your dry track, this way you have L and R channels for each track.
How it works:
"To use the effects loop as an auxiliary output the output of the block is simply not connected. Alternatively you can place the effects loop directly in the signal chain but not connect anything to the INPUT2 / EFF. RETURN jack. The Axe-Fx senses if the effects return is not used and then just uses the loop as an output."
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Effects_loop/aux_out

It will look like this:
untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhhhh. I already looked in the axe wiki but I didnt find the article.
So If I got it right, It should look like this:
In the patch I use an Fx Loop Block BEFORE the signal chain to get the wet track.
a00c81-1476964366.jpg

and on the back of the axe i use the Output 1 as the wet output and the output 2 as the dry output.
so sth like this:
e6fc05-1476964539.jpg

Yeah, you got it. You can place this block in a separate row or at the beggining of your chain, the result is the same: a dry track for reamp. The only requirement is don't connect nothing to the input2 jack.
Other nice thing you can do with the loop/aux block: recab!
If you place this block just between amp and cab you obtain the amp signal without the cab and you can try and add some IRs later...enjoy!

Sounds awesome.
Nice to know, that it doesnt make any difference if you palce it in front or in a seperate row.
I mostly do not use a cab for recording. in 90% of the cases I go with the Bogner IR by Ownhammer loaded in LeCab 2 in my DAW

The original setup should work fine if you dont need stereo?

(Ive used a setup like that for bass before.)

Yep. I got it so far. with the original setup you get only mono tracks. Which is kinda sad if you want to use some stereo effects on lead sounds or synth sounds etc.
When I tried it, I will try to post a sound demo if I dont forget it =)

I have now the time to try out the settings we talked about ETOLKIEN.
When I want to increase the volume of the DI Track, do i simply turn up the level on control 4 on the fx loop block settings, as the fx block is in row 4?
untitled-1-jpg.35700

Back
Top Bottom