Lightweight, high output power amp

I'm looking to see what people are using and would suggest as a power amp that is lightweight and puts out enough power to keep up with a band and being about to play shows that don't always have a good FOH. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I currently use a Behringer iNuke 1000 into a avatar 4x12 with g12t75 speakers and a Line 6 spider valve cab with vintage 30s.

You haven't said what you DISLIKE about your current setup.

IOW, I'd offer to sell you(for a song) a brand new never opened iNuke 3000, if power was your only complaint. Same size, only 6 pounds.

If size or sound quality is a problem, that wouldn't help.

The issue with my current setup is the power. The weight is okay. I'm not sure if the iNuke is coloring the sound or not. I thought about a powered speaker but I don't think it would keep up with the live band. I only use cab modeling in my IEMS. Everyone suggests the matrix stuff. I would buy one if they were in my price range and call it a day.....

I don’t know anything about the iNuke power amps.
However, if you need 2 speaker outs, that limits your options.
You haven’t stated a price range, yet Quilter makes a couple different models.
Again, it really depends on our needs and your price range.

I’ve had success with the Quilter Pro Block 200 and the Matrix GT1000, both have 2 speaker outs.
The Quilter is the smaller and cheaper of the two. If you don’t need 2 speaker outs, there Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 is another option that is both smaller and cheaper...also has Treble, Mid, Bass controls for tonal shaping. I find these are helpful from venue to venue.
Leave the Line 6 at home and just use the 4X12 and you’d be set.

Again, depends on your needs. I’ve gigged with ALL 3 and they each do well.
Best of luck

The Line 6 is a spider valve 4x12 cab. I don't need 2 speaker outs. Just one will work awesome for live. I have been looking at the quilter and the duncan power amps. I think the Matrix stuff but it is a little out of my price range unless someone has one on the cheap. I worry with keeping up with a full band. As of right now in certain cases I'm told to turn up. I wanna solve this problem.

All these options “should” be able to keep up.
As I mentioned, I’ve gigged with ALL of these and they were all able to hold their own.
Just sayin...
Try them out if you can, or buy from a store with a good return policy ;)

What is the ohms rating on your cabs? The specs on the nu1000 say 150w per channel at 8 ohms and maybe about 75w per ch at 16 ohms. Your cabs are most likely 8 or 16 ohms. If you are only going to use one cab live, I would try running the nu1000 in bridge mode, that supplies 500w at 8 ohms and probably about 250w at 16 ohms.

Cheers
Ant

Both cabs are 16 ohms. I am running in bridged mono. I think I don't have something set in my ultra. I know Kemper's power head is 600 watts. I would like to get close to that.

Back
Top Bottom