Lighting up the fretboard on dark stages.

vangrieg

Fractal Fanatic
Hi all,

I had a gig yesterday where, even though there was a lot of light, it was somewhat weird, and I totally couldn’t see the fretboard at times, especially playing on a Strat with light brown fretboard with darkish brown dots. That was very uncomfortable.

Which makes me wonder if anyone has seen some neat solution for lighting up the fretboard in such situations.

Thanks!

Luminlay side dots installed on my two stage guitars. Have to start in blacked out stages is fun, can see fine now. They also make fingerboard dots. Very easy to install, not so much if your neck is finished.

Never had any fretboard issues, but I did have pedalboard issues. Almost all pedals come with diffuse red LED's (they're probably the cheapest), unfortunately light techs seem to love to use red lights a LOT. Making it sometimes impossible to see if my pedals were on. So I started to use clear blue LED's instead, as brightly as possible. Which turned my then pedalboard into a lightshow in its own right.

Luminlay side dots installed on my two stage guitars. Have to start in blacked out stages is fun, can see fine now. They also make fingerboard dots. Very easy to install, not so much if your neck is finished.

Looks cool, although I’d have to take my guitars to a luthier to install. Anyway, many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom