Lighter alternative to Atomic CLR?

I've been gigging with my Axe FX II and my CLR for over a year and it sounds magical. I am looking for a lighter alternative to the CLR. I have a ZLX-12P for my rehearsal space, but its not as good, nor is it much lighter. Any lighter alternatives that maintain that quality?

The original Atomic CLR Active Wedge topped the scale at 46 lbs (20.8 kg).

The Atomic CLR NEO Mk II weighs in at 33 lbs (15 kg).

Wow, ok! That is a huge difference, especially since I have back issues.

What’s the general consensus on the headrush FRFR? Seems like an affordable alternative for shows.

Here is my little feedback on the headrush 108 vs CLR
They are rather correct as wedge or backline guitar FRFR monitoring.
it has a good sound reproduction in the spectrum of low to low mid.
Beyond this freq range it's worse than the CLR for example (which I also have), but for the low, it's definitely better than the CLR
Strangely and pleasantly, i find sensations quite similar to a real cab with it without adding too much high cut in the cab block.

On the side of weight (9.2kg), dimensions and price, it's happiness.
The CLR NEO weight is 15kgs (33lbs) FYI.
CLR is better in term of dispersion angles (coaxial HF driver)

In term on power HR 108: 126 dB continuous (dB SPL @ 1 m) vs CLR 120 dB continuous (dB SPL @ 1 m)
I will try to make a more advanced comparison in the coming months if it interests other people.

I hope it can help you make your choice easier

Last edited:
Here is my little feedback on the headrush 108 vs CLR
They are rather correct as wedge or backline guitar FRFR monitoring.
it has a good sound reproduction in the spectrum of low to low mid.
Beyond this freq range it's worse than the CLR for example (which I also have), but for the low, it's definitely better than the CLR
Strangely and pleasantly, i find sensations quite similar to a real cab with it without adding too much high cut in the cab block.

On the side of weight (9.2kg), dimensions and price, it's happiness.
The CLR NEO weight is 15kgs (33lbs) FYI.
CLR is better in term of dispersion angles (coaxial HF driver)

In term on power HR 108: 126 dB continuous (dB SPL @ 1 m) vs CLR 120 dB continuous (dB SPL @ 1 m)
I will try to make a more advanced comparison in the coming months if it interests other people.

I hope it can help you make your choice easier
That may be fine if you don't need your patches to translate anywhere else, ie FOH, but if you do, your are going to have thin & bright patches that compensate for the Headrushes hyped bass, low mids & lack of highs. The CLR is a very flat & neutral monitor. It's one of the very few that is a true Full Range & Flat Response.

I have a Matrix FR12 that I would sell. It's really light, like 22 pounds. I just think my CLR sounds ever so slightly better on cleans.

Back
Top Bottom