Light blemish on the right of my screen

Edrod

Power User
Hi Guys,

I recently updated to the 2.0 beta update. I don't recall seeing this prior. I wanted to know if this is something normal?

I don't think it has to do with his
• Display brightness is now applied correctly on power up.

I tried restarting my FM3 but it still shows up.

Screenshot_20201125-191836_Gallery.jpg

That's the sidelight. It happens when you have the brightness turned up.

Try reverting to the previous FW. I don't think it will change... But maybe, since there was a fix related to brightness.

That should at least narrow it down to firmware vs hardware.

With Brightness all the way down I would think the screen would be almost unreadable.

Try reverting to the previous FW. I don't think it will change... But maybe, since there was a fix related to brightness.

That should at least narrow it down to firmware vs hardware.

With Brightness all the way down I would think the screen would be almost unreadable.
I'm trying it as I type this

Got my FM3 last Tuesday. The first thing I noticed when installing the 2.0 beta was the screen was super bright. I lowered it from 50% down to 40% and it's better but the side lights are still there and distracting.

Here's a sanity/placebo check. Looks like maybe the side illumination was made more diffuse and maybe that makes it appear to have more contrast? Or, more likely, just placebo from the process of staring at your screen waiting to power cycle the firmware update; seeing the black screen and then the fresh illuminated screen. These are with the factory film protector on (I'm one of those guys; 2 years from now when I peel off my 40" TV it will look brand new :)~ and so will my FM3!)

EDIT: Yeah, coming back to these, 2.0 is definitely brighter/has more diffusion of the side lights. Turned my screen down to 20% and am fine with it; hopefully saves screen burn in/out time. :)

1.06 Brightness:

_____
_____

2.0b Brightness:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom