Life is a bit boring now...

I was on the excitement to sell my FX2 and make cash to go on the waiting list for the 3. Now exchange rate here went to the ceiling due to oil prices and dollar rates. This means that the 3 became too expensive for normal Brazilians to buy. Now I am bored. :)

Why would you want upgrades? Is there something you don't like about your AX-8? Or do you want upgrades just for the sake of upgrades? Think of all the time you have now to compose new songs, perfect your sounds and learn new techniques instead.

I'm finding that the AX8/II has stabilized (or possibly one last update) is....awesome. I'm very much looking forward to developing my tones and exploring further on a platform that isn't changing every few weeks/months and requiring re-tweaks, sometimes from scratch.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the constant firmware updates as they always brought tangible improvements to amp modeling for me, but have to admit that a platform that is 'frozen' is liberating in many ways. The last Quantum 9.04 update, which made a huge leap in amp/cabinet interaction, is doing it for me, big time. I'm good to go until the next-gen floorboard/Ares equipped Fractal device hits the streets.

I cannot deny that I'd loooooove an AXIII with Ares modeling and watching/hearing it blossom and unfold over time and being a participant in all of that awesomeness, but, again, I'm a pretty happy camper with 9.04 and it's maturity.

Less updates = more playing for me.
The III will change the game again but for now I feel fine ;)

Less updates = more playing for me.

+1 here!! I think the sabbatical from upgrading the newer firmware releases has actually resulted in me spending more time with what I have rather than what I want. My focus has been more on enjoying my current sound and my playing rather than enjoying the latest update from Cliff.

Don't get me wrong, I love the updates big time, the issue is I have very little self-control when it comes to updating (I HAVE to have the latest) but now I am actually forced to not update it is benefitting me in other ways - so it is really a win/win situation.

That said, I am eagerly awaiting my Axe 3 and getting the updates there!! :)

Why would you want upgrades? Is there something you don't like about your AX-8? Or do you want upgrades just for the sake of upgrades? Think of all the time you have now to compose new songs, perfect your sounds and learn new techniques instead.
I’m pretty sure there is a long list of functionality improvements they could make without changing the tones. It would be nice to hear something from Fractal if they plan any further improvements?

I’m pretty sure there is a long list of functionality improvements they could make without changing the tones. It would be nice to hear something from Fractal if they plan any further improvements?
Such as....?

I don't know how I'm going to be able to use my AX8 with all of the things that need to be addressed! I guess it's just going to be another useless expensive paperweight unless they decide to do something to make it usable.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with it as is. Guess I'm old fashioned but I don't buy something hoping it will be improved for future use.

Like? So far almost all the upgrades have been about improving tones. Fixing the odd bug here and there. But changing functionality? Not since I got my Axe FX. The odd amp model was added here and there, FX wise we got the Memory Man delay. That's the only thing I still want for my Axe FX, more FX models. I can live with what I got, but moar would be nice.

... I seriously thought this was going to be one of those " the children have grown up and moved out of the house" deals. This caught me off guard. Lol

I love the updates and can't wait to try 10 on my Ax8

But I'm loving refining and perfecting my presets

Back
Top Bottom