Lick of the week #6 AX8

Larry Mitchell

Power User
i think I'm back on schedule with these now. :0) here is lick of the week #6
Lots of unintended notes going on but oh well. It was fun to do. :0)

1987 jump RW Marshall 4x12 121 cone edge 3" stereo tape delay Dual mode and then at the end I had to step up the gain with the ruckus drive. gain on 3 :0)

I so love this little pedalboard that could! :0)

Larry

That sounds great Larry, thanks for posting.. I was listening on my iMac at work and when the delay/verb kicked in it went to glorious stereo and sounded ace!! i was looking for the speakers in the iMac!!

Can't wait to hear it through some proper cabs..

Appreciate you keeping all us rabid dogs waiting for the AX8 updated.. ;-0

i think I'm back on schedule with these now. :0) here is lick of the week #6
Lots of unintended notes going on but oh well. It was fun to do. :0)

Larry.... You are good @ guitar, I don't know if anyone has ever shared that with you. :D

Do you have any tabs for that run with the downstrokes & upstrokes mapped? I know it's a lot of work... I was just asking because it looks easy, but it rarely is easy :D Thanks for sharing man, loving the videos can't wait for that email!!!!

Larry.... You are good @ guitar, I don't know if anyone has ever shared that with you. :D

Do you have any tabs for that run with the downstrokes & upstrokes mapped? I know it's a lot of work... I was just asking because it looks easy, but it rarely is easy :D Thanks for sharing man, loving the videos can't wait for that email!!!!
No tabs, but I'm going out to San Diego in two weeks to shoot some more "next level guitar.com licks I might Do some of my licks of the week and actually break them down and explain more. David Taub who runs that site is great that plus my videos are usually free on YouTube for next level guitar.com.

This series was just something I used to do with my students back 30 years ago and I had been getting requests from some of them lately. This is easy to do and can do it from the road. Tab is not so easy for me to do especially from the road.

This series was just something I used to do with my students back 30 years ago and I had been getting requests from some of them lately. This is easy to do and can do it from the road. Tab is not so easy for me to do especially from the road.

Thank you much sir and for all your contributions on here mate... Helps us A LOT for setting goals and getting better @ da 6/7/8-string beast ;)

I love that you played it RAW (& real) 1st before going into "Full Delay" mode Larry! A++ \m/ :cool:

Tone for days, days....days.....days.......days.....days! ;)

Peace! X

I am going to start calling you the Larry "The Giver" Mitchell. You do more for us suffering souls than you may know. Thank you for taking the time. :D

Last edited:
Mr. Mitchel :)

Are you still in Santa Fe NM on Dec. 4th @ The Santa Fe Center for Spiritual Living with your trio? Will the Ax8 make it?

http://santafecsl.org/ai1ec_event/larry-mitchell-in-concert/?instance_id=15185

JD

Yes? I'll be there but not with my southern trio. I'm playing with friends there in New Mexico.and absolutely I will have my AX8 with me. It will be my second fly trip with it! I'll be in San Diego as well the following week. Are you in New Mexico?

Yes? I'll be there but not with my southern trio. I'm playing with friends there in New Mexico.and absolutely I will have my AX8 with me. It will be my second fly trip with it! I'll be in San Diego as well the following week. Are you in New Mexico?

Thank you. I am in TX a short drive east, you have visited our city. I am a old guitar fart with a FX8 & a few nice guitars that loves live guitar & your playing.
I would like to expose my 18yr old 'guitar playing son to you live & will try to make the trip.

Thanks & have a blessed Thanksgiving with family

JD

Thank you. I am in TX a short drive east, you have visited our city. I am a old guitar fart with a FX8 & a few nice guitars that loves live guitar & your playing.
I would like to expose my 18yr old 'guitar playing son to you live & will try to make the trip.

Thanks & have a blessed Thanksgiving with family

JD

Dude. That's a drive. Are you in Amarillo? We've played there a couple of times the last few years. There's a couple of people there now that have AXE FXs they say with the help of me playing there. Are you one of them? Have we met? If you do make please let me know your there. I'll show the AX8 for sure!
This place is small close setting place. It should be lots of fun

Back
Top Bottom