LF+ realtime sync terminology confusion

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
  • I'm hoping someone here can help me, as I'm confused as to what each of the terms translate to as I only see a clear 1 to 1 match up on the IA-Slot terminology. The following is from the firmware notes.
  • [PRESET : SYNC IA STATE parameter = ON] I'll Label this as #1 in my picture
    [PRESET : RESEND INITIAL IA STATE parameter = OFF] I'll label this as #2 in my picture
    [IA-SLOT: PRESET INITIAL RESEND = ON or OFF]
  • Is the "sync IA state parameter" referring to (in)sync? If so, then it's only referring to the IA effects portion of it right? IF NOT, then where is it? This is on the preset page.
  • Is the "resend initial IA state parameter" referring to resend initial IA states/values? If so, is it referring to the IA_slots or Replace global IA's w/ intial states or all 4 items listed there? IF NOT, then where is it? This is on the preset page.
  • The IA-slot matches up thankfully.

Attachments

• lf sync state clarification.jpg
    lf sync state clarification.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 10
# 1 [PRESET : SYNC IA STATE parameter = ON]
## If the "Preset Name" is enabled, the LF+ will show the Axe-Fx preset name on the LF+ large display
### If you want the Preset names to show on the foot switch LCD's, go to Global tab in upper right > Under "External Device Sync Items" Enable: "Save Sync Preset Names"
## If the "IA Effects" is enabled it will show the Axe-Fx Block's On/Bypass status on all the foot switch LCD's assigned to IA's

# 2 [PRESET : RESEND INITIAL IA STATE parameter = OFF]
## If " IA_Slots" is enabled, it will ignore the Axe-Fx Block's status in the preset and the LF+ will use the "Initial IA-Slot States" list on the far right and send whatever you have selected for the IA's states.
### Example: Most Axe-Fx III presets have Scene 1 selected but if you want Scene 2 to be selected when you select the preset, Set the "02-[002] SCENE 2" On and set the other Scenes to Bypass or Off

# [IA-SLOT: PRESET INITIAL RESEND = ON or OFF] - NOTE: I just added this to my Tutorial here: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...p-Ups_List_For_All_The_Function_Command_Types
## Go to the IA-Slot tab at the top center and see screenshot section below selected in yellow:
IA-Slot - Preset Initial Resend - Screenshot.png

@GotMetalBoy I truly appreciate all your help now and throughout the years! I also realize I'm probably being daft and appreciate your patience. Would you please post a picture of the preset page instead of the IA page as that's the one I'm confused about. I guess I'm struggling with 2 things. The first being that the terms being used by FAMC in the firmware notes and the editor don't match up. And secondly, I am sometimes confused when the same term is being used by FAMC and FAS and which FAMC is referring to at that moment.
Maybe it would be easier if I state what I'd like to accomplish and how I have my LF+ Jr+ setup:
I use 4 pages: All pages, Main Page [bottom row (buttons 1 -4) are presets, top row (buttons 5-8) are scenes], 8 Scenes (bottom and top row are my separate scenes) and looper. I always use setlist mode. The current Preset and Scene on the LF+ are bright and the others are dimmed. I use 2 expression pedals and a 4 button extension switch to virtually turn my Jr+ into a 12+.
1. I NEVER want the liquidfoot to save changes in my Axefx presets (according to the FAMC firmware notes setting the parameters we're talking about can do this).
2. If I change the Axefx preset name or scene names, I'd like the liquid foot to update itself to reflect those changes. Currently, I periodically run the external device sync in the editor to try and keep them up to date.
3. I'd like the Main LCD only to show the Liquid Foot SONG name.
Once again, I can't thank you enough and really wish Jeff would hire you!!!

Attachments

• 4 button extension feedback Newest.syx
    611.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@GotMetalBoy I truly appreciate all your help now and throughout the years! I also realize I'm probably being daft and appreciate your patience. Would you please post a picture of the preset page instead of the IA page as that's the one I'm confused about. I guess I'm struggling with 2 things. The first being that the terms being used by FAMC in the firmware notes and the editor don't match up. And secondly, I am sometimes confused when the same term is being used by FAMC and FAS and which FAMC is referring to at that moment.
Maybe it would be easier if I state what I'd like to accomplish and how I have my LF+ Jr+ setup:
I use 4 pages: All pages, Main Page [bottom row (buttons 1 -4) are presets, top row (buttons 5-8) are scenes], 8 Scenes (bottom and top row are my separate scenes) and looper. I always use setlist mode. The current Preset and Scene on the LF+ are bright and the others are dimmed. I use 2 expression pedals and a 4 button extension switch to virtually turn my Jr+ into a 12+.
1. I NEVER want the liquidfoot to save changes in my Axefx presets (according to the FAMC firmware notes setting the parameters we're talking about can do this).
2. If I change the Axefx preset name or scene names, I'd like the liquid foot to update itself to reflect those changes. Currently, I periodically run the external device sync in the editor to try and keep them up to date.
3. I'd like the Main LCD only to show the Liquid Foot SONG name.
Once again, I can't thank you enough and really wish Jeff would hire you!!!

The LF+ can't save changes to the Axe-Fx II/III (AF2/3). When the LF+ mentions Presets it's referring to the Presets you program for the LF+ where you send MIDI commands and IA states.

# In your screenshot #2, leave them all off
# If you want the LF+ to display the AF2/3 Preset names in realtime, enable "Preset Name" in #1 or else it will display the Full Names and Nick Names you type in the LF+ Editor Presets
# If you want the LF+ to display the AF2/3 Block statuses in realtime, enable "IA Effects" in #1 or else it will rely on how you set the IA states in the Initial IA-Slot States list on the right side of each LF+ Preset

Thank you!!! I was so paranoid about it altering my AxeIII; great to now it can't do that. You are a prince among men!

Back
Top Bottom