LF Jr and Preset Step Thru

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I have a weird issue happening when using my LF Jr and Step Thru. I'm trying to setup my Presets to "step thru" the normal preset and a boosted version. I just received the controller tonight, so I'm pretty much a newb to midi. To test my setup, I just used a simple Wah block and assigned the bypass source to External 5. I went into the I/O page and assigned External 5 CC#5.

My LF is programmed as such:
Special, Step
PC# Axe FX, 0
Special, Step
CC# Axe FX, 5, 127

This seems to be the right way to do it judging by the manual as well as a post I found on the liquid foot boards. If I use 2 PC#'s instead of a PC and a CC, it successfully toggles between the two. The problem I am having is that the WAH block is stuck "On". Re-Trigger presets is turned "On", but it seems on this channel, my External 5 is stuck in the "On" position.

I look at the Graph in the WAH bypass and it appears to be in the "On" position. Even if I change patches and come back, the External 5 is on. The only way to fix this is to go into I/O and assign Ext 4 as a different CC# for a second and move it back to 5 again. This works until I attempt to step thru again.

The other thing I noticed is that according the manual, the LF should show "P4B" in the upper right when a preset with a step command is in it (which it does), but then when stepping through the "P" should change to "S". This does not do that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sidivan said:
I have a weird issue happening when using my LF Jr and Step Thru. I'm trying to setup my Presets to "step thru" the normal preset and a boosted version. I just received the controller tonight, so I'm pretty much a newb to midi. To test my setup, I just used a simple Wah block and assigned the bypass source to External 5. I went into the I/O page and assigned External 5 CC#5.

My LF is programmed as such:
Special, Step
PC# Axe FX, 0
Special, Step
CC# Axe FX, 5, 127

This seems to be the right way to do it judging by the manual as well as a post I found on the liquid foot boards. If I use 2 PC#'s instead of a PC and a CC, it successfully toggles between the two. The problem I am having is that the WAH block is stuck "On". Re-Trigger presets is turned "On", but it seems on this channel, my External 5 is stuck in the "On" position.

I look at the Graph in the WAH bypass and it appears to be in the "On" position. Even if I change patches and come back, the External 5 is on. The only way to fix this is to go into I/O and assign Ext 4 as a different CC# for a second and move it back to 5 again. This works until I attempt to step thru again.

The other thing I noticed is that according the manual, the LF should show "P4B" in the upper right when a preset with a step command is in it (which it does), but then when stepping through the "P" should change to "S". This does not do that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You have to tell it to turn the wah off somewhere. add CC# axe-fx, 5, 0 after your PC# step.

Wouldn't changing patches reload the patch as it was originally though? Or does the LF save states on the fly? I thought if you called a preset again it would reload the patch and clear any IA's.

Sidivan said:
Wouldn't changing patches reload the patch as it was originally though? Or does the LF save states on the fly? I thought if you called a preset again it would reload the patch and clear any IA's.

External controller values are stored separately from a patch. Once you set it to 127, external 5 will stay at 127 until an external source changes it. So your foot controller needs to explicitly change it from on to off. If you uses a standard bypass control (like the wah1 in IO/CTRL menu) then it will behave like you stated.

Back
Top Bottom