Lf/hf settings when using valve power amp/real speakers questions.

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Just wondering what people's opinions are. I know yek likes to zero these as they simulate the modelled speaker with the modelled power stage, but in the case of valve pa And real cabs you get that naturally.

I've tried it but can't decide. Loweringv the hf certainly controls high end scratchy-ness but can also some life away as well.

Lf is even harder. Zeroing it reduces body.

As I haven't had a "real" amp for 20 years I no longer have a bade line reference.

So, anyone got any preference/thoughts on this?

This probably isn't the advice your looking for, but when I play the axe thru an amp and cab, I try to treat it more like a real amp and try to set it without any advanced parameters. As far as the lows and highs, I would recommend setting them if you can at band volume or even better, with the band playing. You might thing your tone is a bit dull do to you removing the scratchiness but at gig volume with a drummer and bassist in the room, it might come alive again.
Anyway good luck!

It'd not the highs and lows as in bass/tremble. It's the hf/lf resonance settings into Amps speaker tab I'm talking about

Sorry if I was confusing.

Back
Top Bottom