Lexicon R1 question

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
Guys and Gals,
I'm hoping someone might have some experience with the R1 pedal. I recently purchased one to use with my Lexicon G2 (while waiting for my Axe 2 coupon). It seems to be working properly EXCEPT that I can't get it to switch individual effects on and off. I've initialized it via the G2 w/out any change...any ideas?
Thanks!

I used to have the Lexicon R1, ages before the Axe Fx existed.. It would qualify as a nice controller for the Axe with it's toe switch equipped exp.pedal..

I did not however have the G2. The R1 has a bidirectional midi out via 7-pin connector! If you are using a regular 5-pin midi cable, it will most likely just do PC messages. Or it could work "one way" if you double check the CC numbers match! Hope this helps!

Guys and Gals,
I'm hoping someone might have some experience with the R1 pedal. I recently purchased one to use with my Lexicon G2 (while waiting for my Axe 2 coupon). It seems to be working properly EXCEPT that I can't get it to switch individual effects on and off. I've initialized it via the G2 w/out any change...any ideas?
Thanks!

It is setup with G2-mode, where your G2 shows "Remote Connected" in display? See section 2-1 in manual.

/Mike

Did you access the FX mode? It's the only way to switch each fx.
If you did, have you connected properly the R1 and the G2? You can use a 7 pin midi cable (remote in - remote out) or two 5 pin midi cable (remote in-remote out, and midi in on the pedalboard-midi out from the g2).

solution found

Sorry for the huge delay and thanks for the suggestions. It turns out that reinitializing through the G2 like the manual seems to indicate doesn't do the trick. I had to enter the edit mode on the R1 itself and change it to G2 and then restart both units.
Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom