Levels unbalanced after Firmware 10 update?

Random Hero

Inspired
Anybody else found this? Had to re-balance my clean to my crunch within my three main presets last night in a soundcheck.

Anybody else affected by this?

Is there a quick fix for balancing the levels back or is it just a case of doing it manually?

Many things changed in the amp modeling so yes levels could be (and most likely will) be different. I had to change my main preset about 10 dB in the amp block.

Do it manually with the VU meter as always.

Luckily the unit doesn’t automatically update, and people can choose if and when they update. If your in the middle of a project or tour might make sense to hold off a bit.

If you get a new amp head, new pedals etc, you always had to tweak your settings. New firmware is no different. Just as you wouldn’t add a bunch of new pedals during soundcheck, I wouldn’t update until you have time to tweak for any changes.

Or, if your happy with your sound, just stick with what you’ve got for a while

I don’t update my computer, my phone etc very often, so why do we need to install every single Fractal update within 5 seconds of its being released, right ? Lol

Anybody else found this? Had to re-balance my clean to my crunch within my three main presets last night in a soundcheck.

Anybody else affected by this?

Is there a quick fix for balancing the levels back or is it just a case of doing it manually?

Yes - all of my presets were louder. I reviewed and updated each of them by ear. I don't know if it's coming from more gain or what, so I didn't change each one in the exact same way. Just brought it back to level and made sure it sounded good again.

Not clipping inside, clipping the desk, so I was having to pull the Out 1 knob down.
cool. even with presets that are balanced on the VU meter, you might have to do this depending on the gear after the Axe. so i just wanted to point out that it's not directly related.

Back
Top Bottom