Leveling presets by the numbers???

kevrock

Experienced
I got a question about preserving leveling that I don't think has been asked, so here I go. I have vol up and down assigned to my MIDI pedal, so you know it turns up and down the mixer level. So the question is are the numbers on the mixer and the numbers on the amp level consistent. Example, if amp level is on 2.00 and during playing I vol up on MIDI pedal (to a vol that work good at practice with that preset) say 1.25 up on the mixer level. Can I go back in and turn amp level up to 3.25 and mixer back to zero and still have achieved the same vol? Thanks for any help on this

send from Droid

Honestly, I think it's kind of unlikely, considering the position of the level controls within the signal chain are quite different.

My only real suggestion to you is to go try it, and see what it sounds like. Volume is a particularly problematic topic, as it can appear drastically different in different environments, so what appears to have the same volume in my room, compared to yours could be pushing out a different spl level where my ears are.

I asked this question months ago about the same thing. I think it gets you ballpark...but I dont think its a direct correlation...

Back
Top Bottom