• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Level matching algorithm?

Cliff talked a while back ago about creating a preset / amp level matching algorithm? It's hard to do it at apartment volume and not a whole lot of time to tweak at sound check!

Gamechanger

Inspired
Cliff talked a while back ago about creating a preset / amp level matching algorithm? It's hard to do it at apartment volume and not a whole lot of time to tweak at sound check!
This was something that Cliff was talking about? Was it a long time ago? Did he say Soon ?

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
ITU-R is a standard for loudness measurement. Broadcasters use it to monitor the apparent loudness of program material and comply with regulations, i.e. making sure commercials aren't louder than the programming. The measurement includes a simple head model and hearing perception model to give a fairly accurate indication of relative volume.

randyman

Inspired
This is just ridiculous. I've been using a plugin called K-Meter in my DAW to do it, and I thought I was pretty clever.

Now this functionality will be built in to the Axe-FX? I shake my head in wonderment… there is no “off” position on the genius switch. Thanks again, Cliff.

Last edited:

yek

Would it be possible to make Vol Inc and Vol Dec change Amp Level (instead of Main)?
This would combine well with the new feature. And solve a few issues as well: Vol Inc/Dec applying to current scene only and not changing FXL/Out 2.

Top Bottom