Let's Talk Delay FX Blocks

aftrshok99

Inspired
I'm still working on my presets that I'm going to use at Church and I've got a few questions about the best way to setup my presets.

I like having the option of 1/4 note delay, a dotted 1/8th (both together at times or just one of them with the other one off).

I'd like to minimize toe tapping but also don't want it sounding weird when going from dotted 8th to the 1/4 delay or vice versa. Problem with scenes is I might be on the scene that is running both delays at once and then decide I only need the 1/4. I'd have to use 2 of the foot switches to have both delays so I could bypass one or the other and also have to remember which foot switch is which delay.

What would be the best way to go about this? Scenes, Control Switch, etc?

What I'd really like is to use the Dual Delay and be able to assign a control switch to each tempo with the ability to turn off/on either one of the tempos.

Use the dual delay and use a the scene controllers attached to the volume of each delay

Let's say I set it up using a scene controller, what happens if I have my scene has just the dotted 1/8th on and for whatever reason I need to add the 1/4 delay. How do I do that on the fly?

@simeon in case I didn't say it or if I did I'll say it again "Love your FX Blocks Presets!!" especially the delay ones.

Create another scene that has just the 1/4 note delay. Only one controller can be assigned to a parameter at once.

Another option would be to use a Vol/Pan block in front of the dual delay to pan the input to the dual delay side you want. Changing the input instead of the output would also give you spillover between the two sides.

You could possibly set a second vol/pan block in parallel to feed the delay block for a manual override if you make use of the mute bypass mode between the two vol/pan blocks. Assign scene controllers to the pan on one of them, and assign an expression pedal or switch for the other. If the vol/pan with scene controllers is active, the delay would follow the scene controllers. If the vol/pan with the expression pedal or switch is active instead, the delay would follow the expression pedal or switch.

In the Dual Delay, you could assign both delay volumes to an expression pedal or knob, with the Min/Max values reversed on one.

That way, heel down is full 1/4 delay, toe down is full dotted 8, and parking in the middle gives a perfect blend of both. You'd still need to assign a footswitch to turn the Delay on/off.

In the Dual Delay, you could assign both delay volumes to an expression pedal or knob, with the Min/Max values reversed on one.

That way, heel down is full 1/4 delay, toe down is full dotted 8, and parking in the middle gives a perfect blend of both. You'd still need to assign a footswitch to turn the Delay on/off.

I'll give this a try also, I'm still trying to figure out how I want my presets set up but this will help.

Let's say I set it up using a scene controller, what happens if I have my scene has just the dotted 1/8th on and for whatever reason I need to add the 1/4 delay. How do I do that on the fly?

@simeon in case I didn't say it or if I did I'll say it again "Love your FX Blocks Presets!!" especially the delay ones.

I have been wishing for the possibilty to not store the states of the delay in scenes. To Be able to leav them as the are an toggle them. (When you switch scene)
To keep previous state if you want to.

Maybe that could help you.

I have been wishing for the possibilty to not store the states of the delay in scenes. To Be able to leav them as the are an toggle them. (When you switch scene)
To keep previous state if you want to.

Maybe that could help you.

Your wish is granted: assign an external footswitch (using one of the 4 pedal inputs) to the Bypass Mode on the Delay block. The Delay will now ignore scenes and only change with the footswitch. Turn on PC Reset if you'd like to designate the state it will be in when you first open the preset.

Your wish is granted: assign an external footswitch (using one of the 4 pedal inputs) to the Bypass Mode on the Delay block. The Delay will now ignore scenes and only change with the footswitch. Turn on PC Reset if you'd like to designate the state it will be in when you first open the preset.
Yes !
I guess that the only way to do it until the fractal guys change their minds.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom