Let's take a simple poll : Does G3 (V18) has that extra AMP mojo over G2 (V17)

Let's take a simple poll : Does G3 (V18) has that extra AMP mojo over G2 (V17)

• Yes, Yes, Yes !!!

Votes: 139 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 68 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Can't tell

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters
This poll is meaningless. If Cliff crapped on the floor 70% of you would declare it the best turd of all time and insist on a national holiday to celebrate it.

I'm still in beta so I cant comment on 18.1

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

This poll is meaningless. If Cliff crapped on the floor 70% of you would declare it the best turd of all time and insist on a national holiday to celebrate it.

I'm still in beta so I cant comment on 18.1

Luke......you must not give in to your anger and sarcasm, it is the path to the dark side...........but i see your point! LOL

I like 18.3 after loading it up last night.

I was underwhelmed with the "new" preset collection as it was just all the old presets just with slightly different EQ>

You still have the same presets with all the effects but the kitchen sink in line that on Scene 2 all activate together and sound like a swirling mess.

Love 18.3, but still think most of the factory presets should be nuked from orbit. I'll end up keeping about 30 of them again.

Sorry Guys !! After 6 hours experiment with the FW18.03 in my studio. I went backed to FW17.04 finally. It's sounds good with some amps. But I just can't get my sound with it !!

I have never used a single factory preset. When I got my TC G-system back in the paleathonic age (200 years BC) I was about to get my money back after running through the presets. It's always about starting from a clean slate.
Nothing is easier than firing up, go through fac. presets where near 100% can be changed from flat and ugly towards your personal guitar and ear.

I've never used factory presets either, and by 'used' I mean recording, gig, rehearsal or jam with others. I always roll my own, however it's really nice to have good factory presets to quickly wander through, play and discover different amps, settings and fx.

After downloading 18 my presets sound kinda fuzzy?

I sort of agree.
I mean, it sounds okay, but honestly I don't hear the huge difference that everybody's talking about.
It does the job, but I still can't really say it feels like playing an amp....

OK so the results so far are:
Yes, Yes, Yes !!! --> 58,55 %
Yes --> 28,63 %
No --> 2,56 %
Can't tell --> 10,26 %
out of 234 answers.

So, all in all, a clear Yes for roughly 9 out of 10 who took the poll.

The "Yes, Yes, Yes !!!" was intended to be "over-enthusiastic", but the more I use V18 (V18.03 now) the less it seems out of place.:shock

I tried out AMP hybridization (AMP with a Tone Stack from another AMP, see Tone tab in AMP block) with G3 and got some interesting results. Worth trying it out.

if you cant hear the difference it you haven't played g3 ,

Disclaimer

the above statement only applies to the amps I've played so far and routine use, result may vary, if pain persists see your doctor, erectile function is a serious problem, sponsored by Tena Lady / line 6 products

I feel and hear a fair bit of difference between v17.04 and v18.03, perhaps because I run the power amps hard/use NMV amps generally, and audition thru CLR's at high levels.

I've always gone thru the factory presets and found many to be great right out of the box, or usable with my setup with minimal tweaking. I also like going thru them for the effects as much as for the amp tones. I have several saved into my main bank as they sound great. There are many in the current set that just rock.

When I got my II (firmware 1.xx) on a Tuesday I selected five factory presets, tweaked them slightly, and gigged with them that Friday. While I setup my presets all from scratch, I've found the factory presets were more then good enough to get me up and running quickly when the box was new and I was unfamiliar with it, and continue to get ideas for amp/IR combinations and effects from them.

Back
Top Bottom