Let's take a simple poll : Does G3 (V18) has that extra AMP mojo over G2 (V17)

Let's take a simple poll : Does G3 (V18) has that extra AMP mojo over G2 (V17)

• Yes, Yes, Yes !!!

Votes: 139 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 68 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Can't tell

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters

PALYGAP

Experienced
Since the new G3 AMPs are just out of the Cliff's oven, let see what is the general feeling on it.

All comments welcomed.

I personally find it better sounding than 17, more expressive, and the tone is even more sensitive to guitar volume.

Last edited:
Since the new G3 AMPs are just out of the Cliff's oven, let see what is the general feeling on it.

All comments welcomed.

I personally find it better sounding then 17, more expressive, and the tone is even more sensitive to guitar volume.

Then that is all that really matters, right ? (I totally agree with you by the way)

IT did for me on my main patches. I use the Splawn qkrod3 amp and it has made it a lot more organic and fuller. I just need to redo my patch now but I do like it.

This poll is meaningless. If Cliff crapped on the floor 70% of you would declare it the best turd of all time and insist on a national holiday to celebrate it.

I'm still in beta so I cant comment on 18.1

magic-drunken-clam-challenge-golden-turd.png

More mids, more bloom.... hell, my guitars are singing now in a way that they weren't before.

It's actually inspiring me to play more.

I'll take a diamond crap any time. I often go the opposite of public opinion as a devil's advocate but I spent yesterday playing instead of drinking.

Gaah, yellow and runny!! If diamonds come from that then I'm throwing my wife's wedding ring away... :disgust:

Yes.

I am not a power user, and until I have the funds to purchase an Atomic CLR I am only playing the Axe FX II through the power amp input of my old Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. This last weekend I played a worship set with my church using the Twin Reverb model and some effects (with the power amp & cabinet modeling disabled). Up until this point I've been discouraged from playing with the Axe much since I'm missing all of the power amp & cabinet modeling and any post-cab effects. Even with my modest set up I could plainly feel and hear something new. There was life coming out of my blues deluxe reissue cab; I've never heard it sound that clean before.

I don't profess to have AB'd 17.xx or any previous firmware to 18, but I can honestly say that since trying the 18 beta firmware there's been a new life in my playing that wasn't there before. It's difficult to quantify, but it's encouraging.

I never heard 17. After a day with 18.1, I don't need (or want) to.
Everything I felt I was missing in the previous version is there.

When Cliff announced G3 and posted his first Plexi Clip I understood after three notes what he wanted to tell us. Something only tube amps have and the Axe Fx now, too. Maybe it's the crunch brrrrrr as he described. I can't find better words. I can feel that brrrrrr in every note now even with clean models. I have a new Axe now with lifetime warranty on fun and for free.

Haven't dived deep enough yet... but I still miss that wonderful flubby tweed from FW 2.x or was it 3.x.

If you don't notice the sound, how can you not notice the feel. That was the immediate difference i noticed anyhow. It's like a delay but not. I'd love to have an axe with 17 right next to one with 18. For me its all the feel and some note separation. Amongst others but that's what I noticed most.

Broken arm, can't play, but had to install and hear it for myself...

plugged in, strummed, and yeah... noticeable improvement

I can't imagine where we'll be once I can actually pick up a guitar to play again. Awesome stuff, Cliff 'n' Co.!

Back
Top Bottom