Let's see your favourite guitar!

I initially lost out on this guitar but was able to buy it this Spring. It has my favorite top ever:
IMG_3758_zps19b0f6e5.jpg

This is my main player, as versatile as can be...:
8be0d59c.jpg

This is another contender, incredible tone:
IMG_5164.jpg

Scott Walker Santa Cruz with Lollar Low-Wind Humbuckers + effects loop

august-2009-042.jpg

I love my Scott Walker Santa Cruz with Lollar Low-Wind Humbuckers + effects loop!

Jackson.jpg

Jackson Soloist USA, Scott Ian T1000, over-sized Mahogany Soloist body, neck through, non-recessed Floyd Rose, oil finish back of neck, ebony fretboard, SD El Diablo and Jazz (I think), pickup selector on top horn. Just got it, this thing is a beast. 10lbs, but very comfortable to play, strong tone, great neck. No tone knob so not as much tonal variety I guess (I have never used the tone knob anyway!) but it sounds great clean as well as cranked.

Some fantastic guitars here. I especially see PRS well-represented.

Here is my #1 guitar. This is a 2006 Gibson Custom Shop SG 62 Reissue Custom Authentic (whew, that's a lot of words!).

I love this guitar. It's extremely versatile. I can coax a nice jazz tone out of it, as well as blues, fusion and metal. It's got Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups, light aging (just enough to feel broken in, not a heavy relic that looks like it was dragged behind a car). This guitar has a one piece mahogany body, long tenon neck, a thinner 60s style neck and factory installed Grover tuners.

This guitar was part of a special run of Custom Shop SG's from Guitar Center in 2005 and 2006. This one has tons of mojo! I'll never sell it!

1003968_10151535276438437_2095887040_n.jpg

1044612_10151535276433437_1332306514_n.jpg

My second love would have to be this Fender American Vintage '57 Reissue Strat. I'm a sucker for Surf Green, and when I found this one I knew I had to have it. Tons of vintage tone here and a really comfortable neck. I swapped out the 57/62 pickups with WCR Strat pickups and installed a 5-way switch and 300k pots.

1044180_10151535276618437_103624584_n.jpg

1001141_10151535276413437_20619144_n.jpg

After seeing UFO/Michael Schenker I just had to have one of these when I was a teen. Of course it wasn't until MANY years later that I could actually afford one.

406724797.jpg

When I was a teen I loved a certain guitar sound. After a few years I found out that it was the sound of the V my ears had singled out! I have never owned one myself though. Another sound I fell in love with at early age turned out to belong to the Strat, and that model became my main tool for a long time.

Mayones Regius 7 string. I have one just like it, really nice. Hard to tell whether I like that or my Suhr Modern better, it's kind of a tossup.

Sorry, referring to post #165, the gray guitar in the red case.

Good lord 8lb 6oz baby geez-us that thing is sexy

Haha thanks! 7lb 14.5 oz bundle of joy! And it took 9 months to get, so it really did feel like having a baby (minus the labor pangs). Sorry for the lack of info on the first post: Its a Mayones Regius 7, flame maple top, swamp ash body, ebony fretboard. It play and feels amazing. Oh, and BKP Aftermaths for the pups :)

Wow!! There's a whole lotta Strandberg love in that picture! I'm not dogging S7G (I have one of their Boden 7's too), but is the attention to detail better on the Letchford? How do you like the EMG's in it?

The s7g Boden has wonderful tone and great build. They had a couple bad ones come out the factory but still amazing guitars I would still buy one and encourage anyone to buy one from s7g. But the Washburn Boden CL7 is a great guitar but I have to fret job done on it because the notes on the 22nd fret is nothing but buzz

Ah that kinda sucks... My S7G Boden is a great feeling, sounding and playing guitar as well. It had some fretting issues out of the box, but nothing else "wrong" with it exactly, just a lot of little details that (for the price) you shouldn't be finding. That's why I asked about the "attention to detail" on the Letchford. I'm currently debating whether I REALLY want the Masvidalien, or if I should just wait the ? years for my spot to come up on Ola's list and take care of my Strandberg 6 string GAS that way.

Anyway... You got some sweet looking instruments!

Back
Top Bottom