Let's see your favourite guitar!

I love those 40th Anniversaries!
Fender-40th-Anniverary-Strat-1994.jpg

Fender 40th Anniversary Stratocaster 1994 | My Cool Guitars

I feel like the Will Rogers of guitardom - I haven't met one I didn't like (although there was that one Schecter in Guitar Center that didn't thrill me)... but I digress.

It's not a big flock and doesn't have much pedigree, but I love 'em.

Someone turned me onto Andy Timmons and since I couldn't afford his Ibanez (and that is a really strange thing to say considering Ibanez was "cheap" when I first got into guitars) I ended up with this:

Still getting used to the sound, but love the look & feel.
IMG_7977.jpg

This is my plain ol' strat. Lord knows, I couldn't afford the fancy top when I got this - but I've modified the hell out of it and it sounds great. Just love it. Shaeller locking tuners, graphite nut, bill lawrence pickups, upgraded bridge and saddles, new pickguard & new pots. Only bitch is that the new selector switch is bigger than the old so the knob doesn't stay on. Have to find a dimarzio tip to go on it. Also found the fender neck plate for the back to replace the plain one.

IMG_7990.jpg

Last one is a custom heritage 150. Wanted the Gibson LP but couldn't afford it, so went this route since it was reported to be as close as I could get without getting a Gibson (I think this was before they bought Epiphone, too). Great guitar.

IMG_7984.jpg

Last one is what satisfied my childhood dream of ordering from the Carvin crack factory (I mean catalog). I'm not crazy about the top on this one, but love the way it sounds, so it stays. It's not ugly by any stretch, it just didn't come out like I expected.

IMG_7975.jpg

And, for the record, these threads are just the worst idea for addicts. :p

I've got a few listed in my signature below. Out of all of them my go to is probably the N4 or the Axis. The N4 is a salvage job that was a complete basketcase and by far the most involved I've ever had to go to make a guitar work right so there is probably a lot of pride in ownership there, but the neck is fairly substantial which I love and the setup is probably not what most people would consider ideal, but for me it's just the most comfortable and natural feeling. I should probably run through all my guitars and raise the action a tad to try to match it.

I've got a few listed in my signature below. Out of all of them my go to is probably the N4 or the Axis. The N4 is a salvage job that was a complete basketcase and by far the most involved I've ever had to go to make a guitar work right so there is probably a lot of pride in ownership there, but the neck is fairly substantial which I love and the setup is probably not what most people would consider ideal, but for me it's just the most comfortable and natural feeling. I should probably run through all my guitars and raise the action a tad to try to match it.

I'd be all over both those guitars you mentioned. One of those Axis has been on my list for a lot of years now. And that one you have is a beaut.

Back
Top Bottom