Let's see your favourite guitar!

Attachments

• 2012-09-18 07.56.55.jpg
    2012-09-18 07.56.55.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 73
Ha, you're not kidding! I didn't even know who or what Gucci or Luis Vuitton were before I got married. I kinda wish I still didn't. But then again, she didn't know who Cliff Chase was before we were married, so it's an expensive trade-off. And at least she can't really get on me when the GAS kicks in. :)

Haha, My Cane Corso named Gucci was over $3K when she was a puppy. She turned 11 years old last Sunday May 5th. I had no idea dogs could cost that much. I didn't get her as a puppy though. I got her when she was almost 3 years old.

Attachments

• 2013-05-06 19.11.09.jpg
    2013-05-06 19.11.09.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 59
Nice stuff, guys! Here's my #1:

kxk01.jpg

KxK Sii-7. This is definitely the nicest guitar I own, and it may be the nicest guitar I've put my grubby hands on, as well.

fat man and li'l boy. custom shop esp kamikaze, mid-80s. as far as i know this is the only one in existence as "george wouldn't sign off on 24 fret kamikazes," and patent pending wolfgang special, 97-98ish.

dynamic duo.jpg esp kamikaze solo.jpg

P.S. how do you embed the images within the post, large scale?

no particular favorite one, but for the last few weeks i've been playing my newly acquired 2012 les paul goldtop 50s tribute with humbucker, with what the les paul guys call a dark back, as the back is, well, dark..
i've handpolished it a little so it is no longer satin and swapped out the plastics and hardwares as well as installed nickel covers over the original open coils.
MY_LP_50s_Tribute01_zpsce10d4bb.jpg

Nice stuff, guys! Here's my #1:

kxk01.jpg

KxK Sii-7. This is definitely the nicest guitar I own, and it may be the nicest guitar I've put my grubby hands on, as well.

nice who made that?? and what scale lemgth is it

cheers

joel

My favorite is my Steinberger GM4T... The .strandberg* Boden 7 (built by Strictly 7 Guitars) is the newest and quickly gaining favor because of the neck carve!

Attachments

• IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 58
I don't have favorites. I usually just pick a PRS 513 or a Signature Limited when I am messing about on the Axe. Yesterday, I had my DGT up, and it was killer under V10. It gets better every time I pick it up. So, that one might be today's favorite.

I have had 513's every which way, but I might be getting another one next week providing one comes off the line on Monday(It's a 513 for 5/13/2013). It will be interesting to see how much it has changed since my last in 2009.

Somebody asked about the 513 pick ups earlier. They are proprietary single coils. Unlike other pick ups, the wire is wound directly on the magnet which is glued to a PC board. The weird look is the plastic cover which goes over the assembly. The bridge and neck pairs are also tapped which allows the guitar to get a wide range of tones in single coil, vintage humbucking, and modern humbucking modes. Specs on them are pretty "hush hush," but they do vary from model to model.

DSC_00030044.jpg
DSC_0016-1.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0504A.jpg

Last edited:
Somebody asked about the 513 pick ups earlier. They are proprietary single coils. Unlike other pick ups, the wire is wound directly on the magnet which is glued to a PC board. The weird look is the plastic cover which goes over the assembly. The bridge and neck pairs are also tapped which allows the guitar to get a wide range of tones in single coil, vintage humbucking, and modern humbucking modes. Specs on them are pretty "hush hush," but they do vary from model to model.

How do they sound? Can you compare/contrast them to more traditional PRS PuPs? The narrowfields or HFS, Dragon, 58s etc? Are they strong, vintage-y output? Bright? Dark?

How do they sound? Can you compare/contrast them to more traditional PRS PuPs? The narrowfields or HFS, Dragon, 58s etc? Are they strong, vintage-y output? Bright? Dark?
Since they have a lot of winds on them to be convincing single coils, they are dark and a touch muddy in the Modern Humbucking mode, but they are more balanced sounding with the volume rolled back. They are closest to McCarty Pups, but with some shimmer and a hotter output. In clear or vintage humbucking mode, they are more like PRS Archtops, but fuller. As far as single coils sounds go, if they are in a 513 with a Swamp Ash or an Alder body, that 513 sounds like a fat Strat.

Actual output is all over the map by design. In Modern Humbucking mode, they are pretty hot, but not as hot as a Tremonti. In clear humbucking or vintage, they are in the neighborhood of the 5708's and the Archtops.

I'm amazed how many of you choose your PRS as your favorite. Not that there's anything wrong with that......

My 2000 Singlecut is the least favorite of my guitars. If I hadn't made an ugly scratch on it with a screwdriver in a bridge adjusting accident, it probably would be long gone by now. :frown-new:

View attachment 15896View attachment 15895

I'm amazed how many of you choose your PRS as your favorite. Not that there's anything wrong with that......

My 2000 Singlecut is the least favorite of my guitars. If I hadn't made an ugly scratch on it with a screwdriver in a bridge adjusting accident, it probably would be long gone by now. :frown-new:

View attachment 15896View attachment 15895
The PRS tech center could fix that for you and replace those #7's with something different, like 5708's or 5909's. It might make a world of difference in how that guitar sounds. My SC245 went from being sort of blah to a Les Paul killer after I replaced the SC245's with 1957/2008's. 5708's were a good fit for that guitar although many prefer 5909's in Singlecuts.
'

Back
Top Bottom