Let's see your favourite guitar!

Depends on the day/

Most days it is the S-4 on the left. Others, it is the Suhr Classic on the right.

Both have stainless steel frets which I absolutely love!

I guess if the house is burning down and I can only grab one I grab the S-4 since my style trends more towards humbuckers

DSC_1073.jpg

Jim -

A big PRS fan here as well (had 7, down to 3 now ;^{ ). Wow. What a fabulous and imaginative piece. It's too bad that PRS was served with a CAD order - that's a gorgeous theme. The only thing that would affect me (and has) is that occasionally you get a piece that's just too pretty to risk playing. That would be my biggest fear with your piece ;^}

Yeah--is that a maple back?
Yes, and the sides are also flamed and have a deep dark burst finish.

That was Saul Koll's choice. He said the maple back would be important to achieve the desired tone/function. I told him that I don't care much if the back is plain or fancy, but preferred an understated look for the back as not to distract from the gold top. At first we were considering ply maple for top and back, but he used ply for the top only. I did not know he had selected such a handsome piece of flame maple for the carved back (and bent maple sides!) until late in the build process. I was a little concerned seeing the pics of the unfinished guitar, but Saul explained he wanted it to look like a jazzbox from the back. Pretty cool idea, I thought, and he executed it brilliantly.

Jim -

A big PRS fan here as well (had 7, down to 3 now ;^{ ). Wow. What a fabulous and imaginative piece. It's too bad that PRS was served with a CAD order - that's a gorgeous theme. The only thing that would affect me (and has) is that occasionally you get a piece that's just too pretty to risk playing. That would be my biggest fear with your piece ;^}

Thanks for your kind comments, it took me a long time to figure that design out, with so many other options. I have to admit that I don't gig with it as often as I use some other guitars and I'm always a little hesitant to take it out. But, life is short so I figure I should take the risk and enjoy it periodically. Otherwise, it would be like having a Ferrari and never driving it.

I play some old Höfner Strat & Semi Acoustic...
but this is my main Axe :)
+ Piezo & Electric
+ Weight
+ Sound ( from Metal to Jazz & Acoustic)

Parker-Fly-Deluxe-Voodoo-Blk-2.jpg

Reactions: LAC
I have a Hollowbody 2 in whale blue that I never play because its too damn pretty and expensive. I think I should swap it against a 513 or CU24

002_0CRZDF8A8G9R82U.jpg

My go-to axe: a stock CU24 from dunno-what-year. It plays great, sounds great, It's the one I compare all other guitars to, the one I use to test new gear/patches etc.
I have 2 other very nice PRSi and a Suhr but I play this one 75% of the time.

I recently put a set of WCR Godwoods in the one below b/c I didn't like the stock PRS #6 PuPs. I'm still evaluating that change...

094E4FAE-7E2B-43A3-A4D0-3B00DC4C2412.JPG

I don't consider myself a "PRS guy" by any means except: Damn, his guitars play so well! I love the necks, the scale length, the wood. Maybe I am a PRS guy but won't admit it?

Attachments

• 002_0CRZDF8A8G9R82U.jpg
    002_0CRZDF8A8G9R82U.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 24
Really beautiful exquisite guitar.

Yes, and the sides are also flamed and have a deep dark burst finish.

That was Saul Koll's choice. He said the maple back would be important to achieve the desired tone/function. I told him that I don't care much if the back is plain or fancy, but preferred an understated look for the back as not to distract from the gold top. At first we were considering ply maple for top and back, but he used ply for the top only. I did not know he had selected such a handsome piece of flame maple for the carved back (and bent maple sides!) until late in the build process. I was a little concerned seeing the pics of the unfinished guitar, but Saul explained he wanted it to look like a jazzbox from the back. Pretty cool idea, I thought, and he executed it brilliantly.

Here is my main guitar. 2012 PRS Tremonti. I am really in love with this instrument. Upgraded pots and caps by RS Guitar Works. Changed out the truss rod cover with a plain mahogany one.

IMG_20130106_0330461_zpsa9f054c8.jpg
IMG_20130106_0330071_zpseff32521.jpg

Last edited:
My Jackson SL2H-V Mahogany Soloist is my favorite guitar. I thought my Les Paul had a sweet growl, then I played this one. It's not photogenic though.

Attachments

• SL2H-V Mahogany Soloist.jpg
    SL2H-V Mahogany Soloist.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom