Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Nice! This is almost the exact rig i am gonna build, when Fractal get around to supplying the rest of the world.

A Rockboard 4.2? Very close for me, but will it fit a Sennheiser wireless underneath?

What do you think of the Misson expression pedal?
thanks! I do believe you could fit the senheiser underneath if you choose to mount it there. There’s quite a bit of room.

I’ve had mission pedals since I started with the AX8 years back. I prefer them since they feel a lot like my old cry baby wah pedal. Love them.

This is my first Rockboard pedal board. I had a Temple Trio for the ax8 and I didn’t love it. For the FM3 I have a NUX and it’s fantastic. I wish NUX made a board that would fit the FM9. I recommend the Rockboard, seems to be very high quality.

Last edited:
06/08/23 - Finished Duo 24 FM9 EV1 Rebuild. Secured with M3.5 x 20mm Monsterbolt screws and #4 thin aluminum washers.

New Peterson StroboStomp Mini Tuner and Mosky (Normally Open Momentary Make) External Stand-In Switch (Bank Inc/Dec). 1' & 3' right angle/straight right angle/right angle TS patch cables for connecting to the Mosky and Inst In of the 4 way below.

Right Side: Temple Audio XLR M & XLR M/F Modules. 18" Temple Audio XLR/TRS cables.

Left Side: Temple Audio 4-Way ¼" Patch Module (Inst In, Headphones, Output 3, PDL 1). Temple Audio Mini-Punch Plate housing Neutrik Reversible USB A/USB B Jack. Temple Audio IEC Micro Power Module. 2' & 3 ' straight TRS cables. 2' USB A/USB B extension cable.

Underside: Furman AC215A Power Conditioner/Surge Protector/Clean Power Unit. Will be replacing D'Addario 9VDC adapter with new Plantronics 9V right angle adapter (to lower the micro plug profile on the left side of the StroboStomp). EDIT: Plantronics unit arrived defective (No continuity between contact points). Simply exchanged older Dunlop 9V adapter with soldered right-angle plug instead of futzing with a amazon return which would delay completion.

Many thanks to all who had input for this work. I cannot take credit for the inspiration of this, it was viewing and reviewing many of your projects with tips and tricks along the way that help build this "marriage" of form and function into what you see here. Thanks to the many contributors who may not realize they had a hand in this themselves. It's a refreshingly healthy piece of craftsmanship that a large group of forum members had a part in.

FBNKbgY.jpg

DWtG3Y4.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how long the cables are on the Temple Audio Dual XLR Mod is please? (i.e. the Female XLR to the Male TRS). My vendor and I have both contacted Temple but so far haven’t heard anything back. Hoping it will reach…. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how long the cables are on the Temple Audio Dual XLR Mod is please? (i.e. the Female XLR to the Male TRS). My vendor and I have both contacted Temple but so far haven’t heard anything back. Hoping it will reach…. Thanks.
IIRC, 18" to 2 feet. I've got an extra set of cables I can check for you in a minute...yeah, just under 18" with added length for the plugs. If perhaps you might need something longer, amazon has them...2 and 3 foot lengths, IIRC. The cables will reach from each of the FM9's XLR outputs to either side of a Duo 24 board when you use a Temple XLR module...if you use a Duo 34 board, just position the module closest to the XLR...kind of common sense when you build...

EDIT: Have edited my previous post 1087 to reflect the added listing for cables.

Last edited:
Custom NYC live in case fits everything perfect and lightweight. Digitech freqout in the in/out 3 loop.

View attachment 121705View attachment 121706

That is a gorgeous board. I'm a sucker for tweed.

I'm also a fan of the Freqout. I've tried some of the Freqout style presets that others have shared in the forum, but haven't had much luck. DigiTech really made something special. So for now it'll stick around.

Awesome - thanks for the info. I’m planning a Duo 34 Board and I couldn’t find any info on the cables. Much appreciated!
You're welcome. The modules will work with the Duo 34; you just need to position the FM9 correctly to one side so the XLR/TRS cables will connect to the module.

That is a gorgeous board. I'm a sucker for tweed.

I'm also a fan of the Freqout. I've tried some of the Freqout style presets that others have shared in the forum, but haven't had much luck. DigiTech really made something special. So for now it'll stick around.
I like the tweed too. NYC cases has a bunch of great options for wrapping. I also tried every freqout substitute with the synth block but it ain’t as good or flexible. Best results required it being a momentary switch and the dsp required for synth block is just to high for that one thing. The freqout is in the in/out 3 set as a CS so it scene ignores with +6 db added to even it out when engaged. I’ve tried ditching the freqout numerous times but it’s a staple for me now. Feedback at acceptable volumes is next to impossible with tune amps unless you’re in very close proximity to the amp in the magic spot where it starts to feedback. Freqout used subtly is just too good.

Am I correct in assuming that, with an FM9 (and some EV's attached), the Temple Duo 34 will NOT fit in the Temple Audio 34 branded cases?

Their hard case is way more expensive than a Pelican anyway. But on the soft case side the $89 seems like a good deal.

I'm looking for something to transport my board to practice/gigs, preferably with space for some cables but not a necessity. I'm not flying with it. Just goes in my car to and from the above places so don't necessarily need a hard case/exquisite protection either. So far I'm between:

-Studioslips (would custom build per recs here)
-Pelican V700
-Temple soft bag (if it would fit)
-Any other suggestions people have.

Am I correct in assuming that, with an FM9 (and some EV's attached), the Temple Duo 34 will NOT fit in the Temple Audio 34 branded cases?

Their hard case is way more expensive than a Pelican anyway. But on the soft case side the $89 seems like a good deal.

I'm looking for something to transport my board to practice/gigs, preferably with space for some cables but not a necessity. I'm not flying with it. Just goes in my car to and from the above places so don't necessarily need a hard case/exquisite protection either. So far I'm between:

-Studioslips (would custom build per recs here)
-Pelican V700
-Temple soft bag (if it would fit)
-Any other suggestions people have
I chose the Pelican V700 and LOVE it! I almost always transport my own guitars and stage gear but you never know when you'll need the extra protection. One drop or mistake can ruin your entire night. It's not much bigger than my guitar cases and I have zero worries stacking guitars on top of the Pelican. You can easily fit a few cables or some small items in the Pelican with the FM9, I carry the power cable for the Duo and some small mic bags loaded with my wireless packs and IEM's packed around my expression pedals on the DUO inside the case.

I chose the Pelican V700 and LOVE it! I almost always transport my own guitars and stage gear but you never know when you'll need the extra protection. One drop or mistake can ruin your entire night. It's not much bigger than my guitar cases and I have zero worries stacking guitars on top of the Pelican. You can easily fit a few cables or some small items in the Pelican with the FM9, I carry the power cable for the Duo and some small mic bags loaded with my wireless packs and IEM's packed around my expression pedals on the DUO inside the case.
Thanks @Sully0556! I'm leaning that way...its cheaper and more protection than Studioslips, just looking for some other opinions before I bite the bullet.

Back
Top Bottom