Let's see those FM9 rigs!

@Bruce Sokolovic

I'm currently using bolts. That's probably the most secure of course.

When I used dual lock, the best method I found was to make risers out of the dual lock so it clears the height of the rubber feet on the FM9.

You also want to be using real 3M dual lock. Apparently the strongest combination is 400 and 250. So something like...

3M Dual Lock Type 400 Reclosable Fastener [black/acrylic adhesive] (SJ3551): 1 in. x 10 ft. (Black) https://a.co/d/80hkS6R

3M VHB Scotch SJ3550 Dual Lock 250 Reclosable Fastener: 1" x 10 ft., black https://a.co/d/5ytIVNg

My FM9 will not stay on my board no matter what I do it seems. I have a Friedman pedalboard and it loads up into a bag that came with it. Problem with the dual lock is there’s nowhere to mount it that will be flush with the board. The rubber feet encompass both entire sides and are not removable. IMO this is the single design flaw of the unit. There seems to be no easy way to fasten the FM9 down.

How in the H E double hockey sticks do I keep the FM9 from falling off my board? I even tried sandwiching up the dual lock strips to meet the bottom of the board but this doesnt work, either.

I use dual-lock with my FM3. I had some scrap plastic lying around. There's dual-lock on the board and on the FM3, between them, there's a piece of plastic with dual lock on both sides that I cut to the size of the dual-lock pieces to build risers.

It hasn't come off in over a year unless I've pried it off for some reason, and I can lift the whole board with the fm3 handles.

The Creation Music case fits my build perfectly. It's not the most padded gig bag in the world but it's not bad. The pocket on top is big enough for my second expression pedal and some cables. I could put a piece of pvc sheet or something in there to add to the protection if needed (not sure it's needed but I might anyway--better safe than sorry).

IMG_1982.jpeg

image.jpg

Finally pulled my AX8 out of my pedal case and put the FM9 in there. Some pics showing how I mounted both units.

Is anyone using a 3rd pedal controller? I've got one connected, but haven't made any decisions as to how I'd assign it. Nor have I thought of what I'd do with a basic switch if I went that direction. There's so much that can be done using the FC system. Really well thought out.

Anyway, this is my basic bread & butter preset. I'm using input 1 & 2 so I can split my Parker's piezo & magnetic signals and route them as seen in the editor screenshot. Cheers

View attachment 94323View attachment 94324View attachment 94325View attachment 94326View attachment 94327View attachment 94328 View attachment 94331
@BCy2k - What pedalboard is that? I like the size. What are the internal and external dimensions and the approximate weight with the FM9 and pedals mounted. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks

Thanks. That one was really nice but it was a little bigger and heavier than I wanted tbh. I got that case/board from custompedalboards.uk. It was called an "ES8 Medium" at the time. They changed their naming conventions but I think it's this Medium Switcher Live-In Board now. It comes with a bridge but I removed that. You could probably order it without the bridge.

I think it was 34 lbs not including the lid. Search my posts in this thread and you should find that info.

@BCy2k - What pedalboard is that? I like the size. What are the internal and external dimensions and the approximate weight with the FM9 and pedals mounted. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks
I don't remember exactly, I do remember I got it off of eBay a long time ago. It's served me well. I'll try to look it up and follow up when I get home.

It's a Roadie Case. Pic attached. There's a 1-800 number on the logo badge you could try. The external dimensions are roughly 27.75" x 15" x 7" FWIW. Subtract around 3/8" for the internal dimensions. Weight is probably around 25 - 30lbs give or take.

Attachments

• IMG_4149.jpg
    IMG_4149.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks. That one was really nice but it was a little bigger and heavier than I wanted tbh. I got that case/board from custompedalboards.uk. It was called an "ES8 Medium" at the time. They changed their naming conventions but I think it's this Medium Switcher Live-In Board now. It comes with a bridge but I removed that. You could probably order it without the bridge.

I think it was 34 lbs not including the lid. Search my posts in this thread and you should find that info.

@Deadpool_25 - thanks for your inputs. Really appreciate it.

I am based in Sydney and I managed to grab a used caseman case with internal dimensions 70cm x 41cm x 14cm (C&C Cases - Melbourne) which seems good. Weighs 7.3kg.

Ideally, I would like 70cm x 37cm x 10cm for it to be more compact but hey I scored a deal for $250 AUD with an internal riser. Might order a custom one down the track.

It's a Roadie Case. Pic attached. There's a 1-800 number on the logo badge you could try. The external dimensions are roughly 27.75" x 15" x 7" FWIW. Subtract around 3/8" for the internal dimensions. Weight is probably around 25 - 30lbs give or take.
@BCy2k - thanks for the inputs. Really appreciate it. That is a perfect size for what I am after.

I managed to get a used pedalboard locally with internal dimensions similar to what you mentioned but a bit deeper. Will probably custom order a new one in the near future to make it more compact.

Got mine on Tuesday, completed my pedal board build today after I got my flat XLRs. I upgraded from the FM3 which I've loved for the past couple of years. Now that I've got the 9, most likely going to sell the FM3 - this thing is fantastic.

View attachment 121405
View attachment 121406View attachment 121407
Nice! This is almost the exact rig i am gonna build, when Fractal get around to supplying the rest of the world.

A Rockboard 4.2? Very close for me, but will it fit a Sennheiser wireless underneath?

What do you think of the Misson expression pedal?

Back
Top Bottom