Let's see those FM9 rigs!

My new H9 rig :) It still fits on top of the music stand I had my FM3 on. Still deciding if I need the H9; gotta get my presets all remade and try to get them sounding the same without the H9, we'll see.

View attachment 93294

I am very happy with the very inexpensive SOLUTEK toppers. They have rubber inserts that fit snug and the finish matches the FM9's casing:

Amazon product ASIN B07F784GXQ
What are the lights and covers around all the knobs? Where did you get them from? Does it keep them from turning if hit with your foot ?

Finished Duo 34 Board: Guitar > StroboStomp > FM9 >> EV-1. AC Power: Wall Outlet > Temple Audio IEC Switch Module > Furman AC-215A Power Conditioner >> AC Adapter > StroboStomp / IEC Power Cable > FM9. With 5 Temple Audio Reinforcement Brackets, this thing is rock solid. The center bracket covering the Furman bows outward slightly, but no wobble or board flex whatsoever. FM9 >> Stereo HeadRush FRFR108s.

dOUwDSj.jpg

7hBluZB.jpg

Last edited:
I've used a G30 for many years and it's a solid little device. Maybe not tour-the-world tough, but for my bar gigging shenanigans, it's great.
I don’t have one myself, but I know several people who do and that’s about how I’d rate it.

The main problem with, AFAIK and IIRC, all of Line6’s wireless stuff is they use the same frequency range as WiFi. This works fine until there’s too much network congestion for them to keep working. Otherwise, they’re great.

If it was me, I’d set up one channel of what’s called a “normalled” patchbay. It’ll let you leave the wireless plugged in all the time, but bypass it just by plugging another cable in. I’m pretty sure I saw that someone was making one around the size of a DI box, but I’m not sure where I saw it.

Nothing spectacular here...it started like this:

aaa.JPG
Which was like my AF2+MFC101 setup back in '11, I have the Mission and the custom made expression since then..

But then I thought, do I really need an extra expression pedal? Nope, so it's like this right now...

bbb.JPG

Mooer shrooms just because I had bought them a couple years ago for another reason, iPad membrane screen protection (cut to the right size), )a pair of Kali Audio LP6's 2nd Wave and a cheap Gator GK2110 bag to carry it with me when needed.

Oh and for that "amp in the room" thing, a Marshall 1912 loaded with an Eminence Delta Pro 12A and a tiny EHX Caliber 22 (again, I own both these since the AF2 era) although I prefer the monitors cause I know that whatever sound I make it will be recorded exactly as it is (whereas with the amp+cab no matter how good and pleasant it sounds, it won't).

1662370599577.png

1662370639925.png

What are you guys using for power to your boards? I am looking for a one stop solution. As of now I’ll be running my FM9, Digitech whammy, Digitech Drop, Line 6 wireless and maybe eventually a SD Power stage.

Here's mine, minty fresh! board rebuild complete! I pretty much have all of the I/O's covered except SPDIF and one of the MiDi connections which I can change over if I need to. I also ran a interrupt jack for the input in the event my wireless fails I can still plug in with a cable and keep going.

View attachment 91219
Did you make this cover/patchbay?

What are you guys using for power to your boards? I am looking for a one stop solution. As of now I’ll be running my FM9, Digitech whammy, Digitech Drop, Line 6 wireless and maybe eventually a SD Power stage.
I'm using an IEC splitter thingie. One side feeds the FM9, the other feeds a Ciocks DC7. The DC7 powers a Drop, a Halo, and a Sennheiser wireless. Not quite as elegant as I typically like but works great, allowing me to use a single IEC cable to the board. I may put the DC7 on a little riser and run the splitter under that just to tidy it up a little. Maybe.

I also have a PS700 but it sits on top of the cab(s).

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2.

Temple Audio IEC jack powers the PP2, which then powers the FM9 via its "courtesy" jack. Then then I can run my AudioFront Expression IO from one of the DC jacks. Mostly overkill, but I now have the option to power other stuff if needed.

Back
Top Bottom