Let's see those FM9 rigs!

How long of a TRS cable should I plan on for connecting a moog expression pedal to the fm9? Would 1 foot be long enough for the pedal to sit just to the right of the unit?

My wife the other day asked if I was one of those kids who rearranged their room every few months. I was. Am.

Went back to the jr max. I miss a full size wah. I’ve got a big foot. Elected for no power supply and just used the Shure one with a jumper to power the LED of the mission. Coupled a IEC right angle and a Edison plug to a single powercon input to save space and weight. Planning to put this in a SKB and hoping it’s lighter than the monster hard case that comes with the jr max. 63E01F7F-CBB5-4F62-A067-D5D328BBF55A.jpeg
4FCDA19C-2460-4DEA-9B54-D3B751452F42.jpeg
038CEA2D-E61A-46EC-B197-4ED6D62F6176.jpeg

hi, sorry to interrupt the thread, any reason you chose the moog pedals instead of let's say the ev fractal ones? thanks
I actually have a pair of EV-2s. The main reason I’m using the Moogs is because the sizes work better for my pedalboard. They sit higher which is necessary (I’d have to use a riser for the EV-2s). I also like how the depth matches better with the FM9.

They work really well, but the EV-2s are great too. I love the feel and throw of the EV-2s. I could be perfectly happy with either—it just so happens the Moogs are better for the current setup.

I looked all photos and I see that few people use the wireless system.. When my Fm9 arrives I plan to take Line6 Relay G50. Is it a good choice? Thankss-l500.jpg

Last edited:
i know you were asking @Deadpool_25, but i chose them because they work really well, are built solidly, and are half the price of the ev models. also because they were available on amazon with prime shipping and i'm an impatient child.
I actually have a pair of EV-2s. The main reason I’m using the Moogs is because the sizes work better for my pedalboard. They sit higher which is necessary (I’d have to use a riser for the EV-2s). I also like how the depth matches better with the FM9.

They work really well, but the EV-2s are great too. I love the feel and throw of the EV-2s. I could be perfectly happy with either—it just so happens the Moogs are better for the current setup.
thank you for both of your responses...i will admit that the moogs look kinda cool, but i'm not sure, i tried the ev-2 and loved the feel and it's throw but it's definetly too small for my foot. i noticed that the silver ev-1 costs like the black ev-1 did originally so i might go with one of those, or get two moog. i'd have to try the moog first but i guess that whenever i buy it and see that i'm not satisfied i could ask thomann for the money back guarantee. well' see, because for the price of 1 ev-1 i could get two moogs...

My wife the other day asked if I was one of those kids who rearranged their room every few months. I was. Am.

Went back to the jr max. I miss a full size wah. I’ve got a big foot. Elected for no power supply and just used the Shure one with a jumper to power the LED of the mission. Coupled a IEC right angle and a Edison plug to a single powercon input to save space and weight. Planning to put this in a SKB and hoping it’s lighter than the monster hard case that comes with the jr max. View attachment 106645
View attachment 106646
View attachment 106647
Mind if I send you some questions via dm? This looks great!

Looks sick!

However I wish the skin would cover the whole of the unit, also would be super nice if the plexiglass was in 1 piece instead of 2, but I understand that might be hard or too costly to manufacture..
Thanks!

I think the skin might be insanely difficult to install around all the buttons and knobs. Honestly though I like the contrast. With that said the next version of my board won’t have a skin at all—just the protectors.

One-piece acrylic protection would be cool for sure but you’d probably have to sell a lot to make it worth tooling.

I looked all photos and I see that few people use the wireless system.. When my Fm9 arrives I plan to take Line6 Relay G50. Is it a good choice? ThanksView attachment 106732
Yes, it's a great choice. I've had no problems with mine for many years. I just replaced my FM3/FC6 with a new FM9 on this Temple board. The G50 is mounted underneath with velcro, with the antennas lining up with the larger holes behind the FM9's Output 1.

FM9 pedalboard top.jpg

FM9 pedalboard bottom.jpg

Yes, it's a great choice. I've had no problems with mine for many years. I just replaced my FM3/FC6 with a new FM9 on this Temple board. The G50 is mounted underneath with velcro, with the antennas lining up with the larger holes behind the FM9's Output 1.

View attachment 106990

View attachment 106991
How do you feel about the bigger temple board? If I recall, mine used to have a good amount of give to it when stepping on it. Not a deal breaker but still....I guess the trade off is the weight

Updated setup. I added the Drop so I can have “virtual capo” along with a pitch block for other stuff (dual detune, POG, etc.). The Halo is on the board because (1) it’s amazing, (2) it fits, and (3) if I have a power supply on there I may as well make use of it. Also added a Sennheiser wireless after yanking the guitar cable out of the Loopi that was on there one time, and another time it yanked the Loopi clear of its bracket. This was just at home but I figured I’d go ahead and fix that.

I also switched out the EVH heads for a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700. It’s way more than I need for the two custom 2x12s but I am toying with the idea of trying Celestion F12-X200s in those cabs and apparently they can soak up some power. Not at all sure if I’ll do that but you never know.

7C4BF7E8-1C2D-44B2-BF6C-68FC7E9CF7B0.jpeg

Updated setup. I added the Drop so I can have “virtual capo” along with a pitch block for other stuff (dual detune, POG, etc.). The Halo is on the board because (1) it’s amazing, (2) it fits, and (3) if I have a power supply on there I may as well make use of it. Also added a Sennheiser wireless after yanking the guitar cable out of the Loopi that was on there one time, and another time it yanked the Loopi clear of its bracket. This was just at home but I figured I’d go ahead and fix that.

I also switched out the EVH heads for a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700. It’s way more than I need for the two custom 2x12s but I am toying with the idea of trying Celestion F12-X200s in those cabs and apparently they can soak up some power. Not at all sure if I’ll do that but you never know.

View attachment 107326
Nice.
Are you taking all that for live gigs or its only home use?

Back
Top Bottom