Let's see those FM9 rigs!

A Dunlop (X) Mini looks like it’d fit.

View attachment 102206
I have two that sit on the floor beside my Tempe Audio Duo 24 and fit into the carry bag at the top end of the pedalboard.
Yeah a Dunlop mini would fit. Remember you can go all the way to the edge on the pedaltrain boards so you can probably fit a bigger expression pedal too. I actually have a PT I could use but I’m too lazy to pull the FM9 off my main board to check it out 🤷🏾‍♂️

There are multiple layouts involved. And yes, the whole arrangement is close enough to Holy F%#K 27 that I never intend to use it live. But for beta testing we need to consider all options: an FC-6, an FC-12, both controlers working in tandem, one FC on stage and another mirrored FC below the stage being worked by a tech, guys who just want to show off...
but someone has an fm9 and two fc 12s…so you don’t have THAT many switches. :)

Yesterday in Townsville (Far North Queensland, Australia). I've been on the road with this rig for five months now and it's been unflappable - an absolute godsend. The case and board are by http://www.caseman.com.au/ - best in Oz. Monitoring is stereo wedges in front of me - Nexo, EV, JBL ... the usual suspects. I just high or low pass to suit. I use this LPB '62 clone built by a friend and a simple HSS hardtail Charvel San Dimas. It's a simple but potent combo. I've updated the 'rig' presets recently and will post them here this week for anyone interested.

IMG_6921.jpeg

Last edited:
I use a classic 2. I have a fm9, glxd wireless and a phase 90 on it. Ive fit a full size mission pedal on as well and mounted the GLX below before. Ive also had a EV-2 with the GLX above it. Ive always found the classic 2/pt2 to be the perfect size pedalboard. I bought a classic jr max which is 4" longer, but the tour case is like another 4" long and its giant.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flatery? I liked the look. Oh, and I just put the sides pieces on!!!!
Now if I could figure out importing IRs before my Bethel 30 day time limit expires...

Third iteration…FRFR ;)
I’ve got two of these JBL SRX 812Ps for the AXE III in the studio…so I just took one.
If I’m being honest with myself, this is…hard saying this…better :)
Don’t know why I was worried about the tilt for backline…just shoved a 2x4 underneath
My opinion is that these speakers are devastating…
E83B8E6E-6577-4A99-965C-B87D21AA69C2.jpeg

Recent Pickbox installation. Used a 3x5 card template, drilled the holes, secured them with machine screws, nuts and washers. Some red Loc-Tite. May reconsider pick box because it detracts from the overall look, and gets in the way of the 2nd external stand-in switch.

TRw4mJl.jpg

gjldMlB.jpg
jLCbc5U.jpg

Last edited:
Third iteration…FRFR ;)
I’ve got two of these JBL SRX 812Ps for the AXE III in the studio…so I just took one.
If I’m being honest with myself, this is…hard saying this…better :)
Don’t know why I was worried about the tilt for backline…just shoved a 2x4 underneath
My opinion is that these speakers are devastating…
View attachment 102529
EON615's and EON715's are killer, too!
Especially so in stereo!!!

I had to borrow my daughters iPad mini, and this is whatever screen saver she had on. No judgement zone.....

There is a reason for this layout and it is mainly because of the limited stage size at the Gator Club(I wanted to use my FC12 but too long). Also I like to have the button knobs farther away from danger. Spring loaded Mission for Wah and Boss FV500 for all other expression. Shure GLXD16 wireless system. I use to run the Voodoo pedal power, but honestly this Kobalt multi plug with usb power is WAY cheaper and I like it better(granted I do not have a lot of pedals to power). The board is a Pedaltrain terra42 hardshell. Lovely and rather light for size, but seems made well.

The FC6 is not needed but I like it. Use is for IA switches and then the FM9 is just for patches and scenes. Stupid simple.

Only think I cannot find is slim XLR cables that you can have exit anyway you want them. Anyone?

IMG_6363.jpeg

Last edited:
I had to borrow my daughters iPad mini, and this is whatever screen saver she had on. No judgement zone.....

There is a reason for this layout and it is mainly because of the limited stage size at the Gator Club(I wanted to use my FC12 but too long). Also I like to have the button knobs farther away from danger. Spring loaded Mission for Wah and Boss FV500 for all other expression. Shure GLXD16 wireless system. I use to run the Voodoo pedal power, but honestly this Kobalt multi plug with usb power is WAY cheaper and I like it better(granted I do not have a lot of pedals to power). The board is a Pedaltrain terra42 hardshell. Lovely and rather light for size, but seems made well.

The FC6 is not needed but I like it. Use is for IA switches and then the FM9 is just for patches and scenes. Stupid simple.

Only think I cannot find is slim XLR cables that you can have exit anyway you want them. Anyone?

View attachment 104022
Kiss my aura, Dora :)

I tried but it’s hard to tell.

Surely somebody has an FC12 and a Mission?
I no longer have a Mission Expression pedal but I do have an Xotic wah which is close to the same size (it’s shorter front to back but about the same side to side I think). I don’t have a Pedaltrain Classic but I do have a Novo 24.

Bottom line is they won’t fit* without some overhang side to side. It’s very close and looks like it would fit but that’s with no wires—the side nmounted jack on the Mission kills the idea. The EV-2 fits because it’s narrower and it uses a rear mounted expression jack. Even then you’d probably want a riser for the EV-2 as it’s a little awkward to use next to the FM9.

Edit: somehow I just saw this post…
I use a classic 2. I have a fm9, glxd wireless and a phase 90 on it. Ive fit a full size mission pedal on as well and mounted the GLX below before. Ive also had a EV-2 with the GLX above it. Ive always found the classic 2/pt2 to be the perfect size pedalboard. I bought a classic jr max which is 4" longer, but the tour case is like another 4" long and its giant.
So maybe it works. I don’t see how though without the FM9 hanging off the edge by an inch. IIRC the jack on the Missions is on their left side. So I suppose you could relocate it to the right side of the pedal or just put the pedal on the left side of the board?

Attachments

• C2384A28-3929-48D8-8B30-44024E576DC0.jpeg
    C2384A28-3929-48D8-8B30-44024E576DC0.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 5E45EBC2-BAC8-452E-AEAF-BA78A036EFA6.jpeg
    5E45EBC2-BAC8-452E-AEAF-BA78A036EFA6.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom