Let's see those FM9 rigs!

It's a specific type of gun part (small casing screws, a 2mm allen head that will take a washer) you'll find in upscale building and supply stores. Our local place is called IBS (Interstate Building Supply) that houses a large selection (several wall cases, actually) of various fasteners and washers, etc. I'll check my stock and see if I can find the documentation to be sure.

Yup. With thin appropriate sized washers to cover the perforations and hold the FM9 firmly to the board. Will check tomorrow and provide better info then.

I thought about this too. Do you feel like the threads will be able to hold up?

I thought about this too. Do you feel like the threads will be able to hold up?
I think so. I'll be looking into the possibility of the same bore and thread count, just a slightly lengthier shaft. The longer shaft may be the key element that will keep things secured better. The guns screws are built from hardened steel, so that'll give you an idea of their strength.

The folks up at the building supply store will help me sort things out. I think all I need is to present them with one of the original FM9 screws and they can match it to their screw identifier. (They've got a plate that hangs on their display case that has numerous screw bore and thread count holes. All I'd need do is bring in a FM9 screw or a spare #8 6/40 gun screw, and they'll show me where to find things in their display case.)

My CEBA guards will be arriving Friday midday. Once they arrive, I can make the trip to the supply store and check things out; will definitely consider the longer shafts than what's holding my FM9 in place now.

Will also post an image of the results once the new screws are installed.

Last edited:
Despite the entendre, yes, the lengthier shaft will help keep things fastened in place more so than what's on my board now. :)

Two input jacks of XLR and 1/4" serve for receiving signals from mic for my harmonica and acoustic guitar, making sounds warm and organic. An XLR output of V3 routes to HARP ATTACK( micro tube inside, overdrive pedal) before it hits L input of IN2 of FM9, while 1/4" output fed to R input.
Both input of IN3 receive stereo MP3 tracking from StageBro 2000( MP3 player )... By setting up rig in this fashion, you do not need any other gears on the live stage in a small venue... just a one - man band popular in far east countries such as Korea and Japan. This is the concept behind my rig. Thank you Mr. Chucma showing interest to my rig!

Attachments

• 이펙팅.JPG
    이펙팅.JPG
    763.9 KB · Views: 175
Be careful they are not too long. Wouldn't want to screw through any important circuit boards inside the box. I remember seeing mention of a maximum safe length for these in other threads....
Nope, IIRC, the screws are for the 4 outside corners and are the 2 screws on the underside where the rubber feet normally attach, thru the case. The screws will just be an extra ⅛ or ³/₁₆ inch longer, I hope.

EDIT: I just checked the length of the screws...they're ⅜" long...already plenty lengthy for my application (I thought they were shorter)...may not need to make the trip to IBS today, but will visit just the same to find some extra screws for future use if needs be.

Here's what the 3/32" hex head screws and washers look like...note the silver-colored circular washers in the upper and lower sections of the screen where the screws reside...

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE: These gun screws are ⅜" 6/40 screws that take a 3/32" hex head wrench. These also take #6 non-stainless steel thin washers. Both the #4 and #8 washers don't fit the shaft of the screw, too tight, too loose.

EDIT #2: Just thought to let folks know that the correct screw size per several forum members is the M3.5 x 16mm or M3.5 x 20mm screw seen in the following amazon link...the gun screws are available from upscale building and supply stores that also stock gun screw parts.

Amazon product ASIN B078GY5T3D
9Ff6gN7.jpg

Last edited:
Two input jacks of XLR and 1/4" serve for receiving signals from mic for my harmonica and acoustic guitar, making sounds warm and organic. An XLR output of V3 routes to HARP ATTACK( micro tube inside, overdrive pedal) before it hits L input of IN2 of FM9, while 1/4" output fed to R input.
Both input of IN3 receive stereo MP3 tracking from StageBro 2000( MP3 player )... By setting up rig in this fashion, you do not need any other gears on the live stage in a small venue... just a one - man band popular in far east countries such as Korea and Japan. This is the concept behind my rig. Thank you Mr. Chucma showing interest to my rig!

Very resourceful of you! Thanks for sharing your setup!

Reactions: JD_
Just received my FM9 a couple days ago. I am using Pelican 1535 AIR case with custom made foam. Got a little compartment under the FM9 for power cable and/ TRS cable. But no space for expression pedal, but it's not a biggie to me since I can put it in gig bag or the backline will always provide to me If I requested :D

I was using the same case for AX8 and FM3/FC6 setup before as well..They all fit perfectly too

View attachment 89480
Hey! Where did you get the custom foam? Sorry if you already answered this.

How did you mount it to the board? Did you use longer screws? If so which? Did you use the cables that come with the temple audio modules for the XLR?

I did have to order longer screws and washers to make it work, I got these from Amazon here:

Screws
Washer set

The XLR to TRS cables that came with the XLR module were long enough to use, that was the only module that came w/cables from Temple Audio.

Back
Top Bottom