Let's see those FM9 rigs!

When I got my III, I was stoked that I could reduce the size of my pedalboard, which was around 3' long, maybe 3.5', as I went to an FC6 with two expression pedals and a couple switches I made. Now that board is going to stay in the studio while I build a new board for the FM9. I might just order one this time as I'm living in an apartment and building shit isn't as easy, but it'll be back to a bigger board.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be putting a Freqout on the FM9 board or not. I have one in my III rack and use it a lot, but the FM9 is intended on being my live rig with a couple 2x12's (or 1x12's). They're starting to jump up in price so I'll have to make my decision before they cross the $200 mark. Just going to use two expression pedals, one for a dedicated wah and one for everything else. The FM9 won't require any additional footswitches, so it'll probably just be the FM9 and the two expression pedals.

The man you're addressing single handedly created the whole djent scene and the djent influencers. He's got like 6 BMW's and a really fuckin' nice lawn.
Haha, awesome! Well deserved. I'm new here, starting to recognize the big names. I take it Cliff Chase is head Administrator (FractalAudio), and Matt Picone is Admin M@.

Well, it arrived. I’m still considering whether I want to even bother with the FC6. I don’t think I’ll need it. I’ll probably go ahead and mount it to the Temple Duo 24 for no other reason than I want to relocate the input jack. Well, okay it also looks cool. Sue me. :)

The EV2s will likely just sit on the floor. However if I do decide to use the FC6, that and the pair of EV2s may reside on a 2nd Duo 24.

Hopefully Chad gets the Skins going soon as I’m looking forward to matching the FM9 to my FM3/FC6 aesthetics.

F5BC42F9-2876-4454-826D-56C24B9D2349.jpeg

909E8BF6-B3A2-4C69-9626-C407C9111D21.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, it arrived. I’m still considering whether I want to even bother with the FC6. I don’t think I’ll need it. I’ll probably go ahead and mount it to the Temple Duo 24 for no other reason than I want to relocate the input jack. Well, okay it also looks cool. Sue me. :)

The EV2s will likely just sit on the floor. However if I do decide to user the FC6, that and the pair of EV2s may reside on a 2nd Duo 24.

Hopefully Chad gets the Skins going soon as I’m looking forward to matching the FM9 to my FM3/FC6 aesthetics.

View attachment 88929

View attachment 88930
Chad should have skins soon. ;)

The EV2s will likely just sit on the floor. However if I do decide to user the FC6, that and the pair of EV2s may reside on a 2nd Duo 24.

View attachment 88929

View attachment 88930
Nice setup! :)

I actually dig the black and white matching aesthetic in the existing pic. How about black skins for
the FM9 to match the Black EVH Head?

Nice setup! :)

I actually dig the black and white matching aesthetic in the existing pic. How about black skins for
the FM9 to match the Black EVH Head?
That would be kinda cool. I might consider that if I was going to keep the FM3 rig out there. I was actually considering running the FM3 in the 9’s loop to run a three amp rig, but I decided against it at least for now.

So I’ll do the FM9 in that white with black accents look. I’m actually getting another cab built in all white (those cabs are custom 2x12s btw; they’re not Mesas and not 4x12s). So one amp will be white and the other black. Truthfully, I have a third head as well—the EL34 version—so once the new cab is here I could conceivably do that three amp rig with the oreo amp setup black/white/black. I’m finding that I am lazier and lazier though so I don’t see it happening lol.

That would be kinda cool. I might consider that if I was going to keep the FM3 rig out there. I was actually considering running the FM3 in the 9’s loop to run a three amp rig, but I decided against it at least for now.

So I’ll do the FM9 in that white with black accents look. I’m actually getting another cab built in all white (those cabs are custom 2x12s btw; they’re not Mesas and not 4x12s). So one amp will be white and the other black. Truthfully, I have a third head as well—the EL34 version—so once the new cab is here I could conceivably do that three amp rig with the oreo amp setup black/white/black. I’m finding that I am lazier and lazier though so I don’t see it happening lol.

Fun dilemma to have. Either way it looks killer and I bet sounds amazing! :)

Haha, awesome! Well deserved. I'm new here, starting to recognize the big names. I take it Cliff Chase is head Administrator (FractalAudio), and Matt Picone is Admin M@.

I’m only half-joking, he started Sevenstring.org back in the day, before it turned into what it is now. :D

While he doesn’t work for Fractal, I believe we have him to thank for the 6160 Block Letter that was modeled in the AxeFX. Well, aside from Cliff for modeling it.

Back
Top Bottom