Let's see those FM9 rigs!

I added 6 external buttons on my two FC6es, which puts me at 18. Usually that's enough buttons....
Yeah I really like your layout, its defiantly slick idea to have two two FC6's on each peddle board and to add some extras, I don't have a AX3 but guessing with all of those extra features on the ax3 you'll need those for options, I put my FM3 and FC6 on a temple 34" with two ev1s and its just perfect.

View attachment 87782

Expression pedals on the far right felt too far away so I went straight down the middle for now.

This arrangement of pedals is oddly familiar....

0718212309a_HDR.jpg

"Always pass on what you have learned. Mind what you have learned. Save you it can. Patience you must have, my young padawan." --Yoda

What would be a good laptop stand to have the option of placing the fm9 on my desk? I’ve seen some people do it and I’d like to have the option sometimes

Here's mine, minty fresh! board rebuild complete! I pretty much have all of the I/O's covered except SPDIF and one of the MiDi connections which I can change over if I need to. I also ran a interrupt jack for the input in the event my wireless fails I can still plug in with a cable and keep going.

IMG_0540.JPG

Last edited:
Pretty positive it's going to look like this but it will say FM9! Edits will be made... Soooon!

View attachment 87789

Very nice, and super clean. Is that board custom, or something available retail? The PXM12s sound great too, I love mine.

Also, what's under the cover behind the units? Looks like plenty of room for a shure wireless and a small power strip.

I have an AF3 in a 4U with a furman and my shure wireless in the back. I use an FC12, but still have my FC6 and stand ins, but I think I could make the FM9 work live with one stand in and my SP1. Not sure I want to go to the hassle to do it though.

I don't think Temple Audio makes a board like mine long enough to fit a FC-6 and FM-9 on it with two expressions pedals. I guess that's when you go to two boards. I should just have Fractal take money out of my check every pay period... I was about to buy a Axe-FX III because I mostly do home recording and play here at home. So it's either the FM9 and sell the FM3, or the Axe-FX III and a FC-12 and keep this board (pictured), or get another board and an FM9 and a Axe FX-III and a FC-12 and then I have to start buying all the cab packs and York/Austin Buddy presets, and Cooper Carter's training on the Axe... just take half my check because that is what is going to happen anyway. Being divorced isn't so bad...board.jpg 😀 🎸 ⚡

I don't think Temple Audio makes a board like mine long enough to fit a FC-6 and FM-9 on it with two expressions pedals. I guess that's when you go to two boards. I should just have Fractal take money out of my check every pay period... I was about to buy a Axe-FX III because I mostly do home recording and play here at home. So it's either the FM9 and sell the FM3, or the Axe-FX III and a FC-12 and keep this board (pictured), or get another board and an FM9 and a Axe FX-III and a FC-12 and then I have to start buying all the cab packs and York/Austin Buddy presets, and Cooper Carter's training on the Axe... just take half my check because that is what is going to happen anyway. Being divorced isn't so bad...View attachment 87798 😀 🎸 ⚡
They make a 43" Trio board. They also will do custom lengths. I have a couple Duo 21" boards - saving 6" in a tight space....
0718212309a_HDR.jpg

Thinking about swapping one FC6 for an FM9 if it can be integrated so that all the switches and pedals work for the FM9 and AxeFX3. Gonna need a bigger board, or just put all the pedals on the one board in the center, and get a third board for the FM9....

Last edited:
Very nice, and super clean. Is that board custom, or something available retail? The PXM12s sound great too, I love mine.

Also, what's under the cover behind the units? Looks like plenty of room for a shure wireless and a small power strip.

I have an AF3 in a 4U with a furman and my shure wireless in the back. I use an FC12, but still have my FC6 and stand ins, but I think I could make the FM9 work live with one stand in and my SP1. Not sure I want to go to the hassle to do it though.
Thank you kind sir! I built this one from scrap that I had laying around the shop! Here is the link to the Lets see those FM3 rigs! I have a few shots that show all of the spaghetti under the hood! I no longer have the H9 Dark sold that a while back. I my do some modding for I/O's but that's about it.

Totally liking the EV's so far! still in the honeymoon phase with them, I have only had them for a month or so but the response is nicely balanced to my suprise, TBH I was expecting them to be heavy in the bottom end.

I thought about running back to a rack mount but just wasn't into it any more, I really like the floor unit platform where I can put the lid on pick up and go. The extra features of the FM9 are going to fit the bill perfectly for me.

Back
Top Bottom